Chapter 60: It's all thanks to me having a good wife.

From the first day to the seventh day of the new year, the Cheng family was very busy. All sorts of relatives, as well as some people who knew them and who wanted to better their relationship, had come to the door to visit for the New Year, so the Cheng household threshold was quickly trampled.

These people came to offer Cheng YuTang clichéd praise and flattery when they saw him. When they found him, they found he had a beautiful young man beside him and the two of them were very close, not avoiding suspicion at all. When someone looked at them, they knew the relationship was extraordinary and the reaction of the visitors greatly varied.

In general, the blessings and optimism were few, and the only people who dared to compliment the young couple were the fashion avant-garde, who were secretly mocking and spurning them, waiting to see that it as a joke.

Cheng YuTang had come out long ago, so his psychological state was strong enough, and Ji XiaoYu couldn't care less, never taking the opinions of other people to heart, so the young couple didn't care what people said or what they thought. Whether it was well- or ill-intentioned, the relationship between the two of them wasn't affected at all.

Father and Mother Cheng weren't so stoic, the old couple wanted to shield their shortcomings. At first, they were caught up in their affection and courteous hospitality a bit, so they weren't happy to hear some of the rumors. Whoever they were, they gave an order to expel the guests, and then simply closed the doors behind them, leaving the household quiet and peaceful.

These days, besides being overly sleepy, Ji XiaoYu had another problem, a bad appetite. No matter whether it was Cheng YuTang's or Mother Cheng's cooking and no matter what fresh, delicious dishes it was, he couldn't eat it. Nothing appealed to him like it used to, so the amount he ate at meals was reduced by a lot and the chin that had rounded out with difficulty after the first few days at home thinned down again. He was the exact opposite of Cheng PaoPao who would eat whatever and continue to grow pleasantly.

At 9am on the eighth day, Cheng YuTang gave Cheng PaoPao to his parents to look after. He went back to the room where, although he was awake, PaoPao's father lay yawning under the covers. After returning to the room, although he was already awake, he still yawned in the bed and yawned. He bundled him up in his clothes, a scarf, and a hat, and then led him towards the door.

Ji XiaoYu didn't want to move. He tugged on his hand and refused to go forward, "TangTang, what are you doing going out so early in the morning?"

Cheng YuTang answered, "Going to the hospital."

Ji XiaoYu suddenly became shrewd and asked nervously, "Are you sick?"

"I'm fine, but you're not feeling well. You have to go to the hospital for a check-up," Cheng YuTang said, guilty inside, "I should have taken you days ago, but there were too many people at home so I couldn't leave. That's why it was dragged out to today."

Ji XiaoYu calmed his fears and yawned again. "I'm not sick either, I'm not going, no."

Staying in the hospital for a month last time had scared him to death and he didn't feel comfortable when smelling the unique scent of a hospital.

Cheng YuTang held his shoulders so they were face-to-face and said with a serious expression, "Baby, something's been very wrong with you lately, don't you feel it yourself? Unless they're made of iron, everyone will inevitably suffer headaches and fevers. Since you're not feeling well, you should go to the doctor, you can't hide your sickness for fear of treatment."

Ji XiaoYu immediately denied it, "I'm not, I'm not, I'm fine!"

Cheng YuTang patiently persuaded him, "Baby, don't be so willful. If you're fine, then why are you always sleepy now with a bad appetite, losing weight in just a few days? Darling, let's go to the hospital and see if you're okay. If it's nothing, we can come back right away. So my parents can feel at ease too."