Chapter 67

Chronicle of a Dangerous Adventure: On this mysterious, dark Friday, the Cheng family's DaBao and ErBao were both lost

On the morning of July 19th, the president of HongSheng and his husband returned safe and sound from a distant place, causing the jaws of countless people to drop.

After all, the night before, the honorable president had had systemic organ failure and the situation had been very critical. Helpless, the hospital had issued three critically ill notices. It was said that the Cheng family daughter-in-law, because of his excessive grief, couldn't bear to watch his spouse die, so he'd driven away from the hospital beforehand to who knows where.

But it had turned out that at 3am, when a group of doctors at the Ning City People's Hospital had declared that the treatment was ineffective, that he wouldn't live until sunrise, just then, suddenly, he had opened his eyes and woken up. All the medical monitoring instruments connected to his body returned to normal indications at that moment, as if he had come back to life through a miracle, almost scaring the doctors out of their wits.

Anyway, it was good that the president came back totally alright. After all, Cheng Zong had always been healthy his whole life. If he had died in his own hospital after one night, it would have been a devastating blow to Ning City People's Hospital, which had just received a large investment from HongSheng, and they wouldn't have been able to explain it to the media and the public. So despite how unscientific this matter was, the hospital very sensibly decided not to pursue it – of course, with their experience and insight, even if they pursued it, they wouldn't figure it out.

When Cheng Zong had woken up, he had seen his parents and child around the bed, but he hadn't seen his little lover. In surprise, he had asked why. After learning from his parents what had happened during his coma, Cheng Zong had been silent for a few minutes and then had said, "Mom, Dad, take care of PaoPao, I'll get XiaoYu back," and then he'd rushed out of the ICU, at a speed that could compete with his bodyguard spouse's, so fast that no one could catch up.

Father and Mother Cheng, along with the doctors of the People's Hospital and the high- and low-level employees of HongSheng, had waited in fear for four hours, and then finally the couple came back holding hands, unscathed. First they were all shocked, then happy.

When they closed the door after returning home, the older couple learned there was still another surprise that had been hidden – the young couple had brought back a little egg, Ji XiaoYu's ErBao, which meant that the two of them would have another grandchild.

The older couple were in what could be called a joyous mood, taking turns holding the little egg and loving it, asking the young couple a lot of questions. After all, the young couple had returned to the capital for the Spring Festival, when Cheng PaoPao was already a chick, so they had missed this little egg stage.

As the four adults were all talking about the little egg, Cheng PaoPao, who had originally been playing with a toy car on the other side of the carpet, suddenly ran over, grabbed the little egg from Mother Cheng's hand, and shoved it in his mouth.

"PaoPao, this can't be eaten!" Ji XiaoYu was shocked, quickly snatching the little egg from his son's hand.

"Bad egg!" Cheng PaoPao puffed out his cheeks and said inarticulately.

The older couple was suddenly overjoyed. Their eldest grandchild had called out 'father' last night and that had flipped the switch on his ability to speak. So one word was jumping out after another – him saying 'milk' was particularly cute.

Cheng YuTang patted Cheng PaoPao's head, saying with a smile, "PaoPao, it's not a bad egg, it's your little brother."

Cheng PaoPao furrowed his little brow, wearing an expression showing he still didn't understand.