Chapter 11

After Maria and I followed Trevor downstairs, my eyes noticed the small table in the kitchen. I forgot I ever used these tables, I am now used to the fancy, pink dressed buffet tables, with silver plated utensils and a cloth to cover our laps so our expensive clothes won't get stained.
I snapped back to reality, when I saw the unfamiliar colored nylon table cover. Flowers were designed on it, it made my heart beat faster, remembering the old days. Not mentioning the almost-rusted utensils, and the simple plastic plates that contained the food.
I don't remember Trevor's mother to be an actual great cook, but I used to eat at their place every single day.
A large plate of lasagna was dragged our of the oven by the huge gloves Trevor's mom wore.
She sliced it into pieces and each got one, even though i starved for more, I always have been timid when eating at a stranger's house.
After a short time of awkward silence, Trevor finally speaks up
"So, did you get everything done upstairs?" I can tell he is only asking to break the silence, but, the subject seemed to interest Maria as opened her mouth to start a conversation.
" Do you have a wi-fi network in this place?" Her hazel curls put behind her ear for a better vision quality.
Trevor and his mum exchange looks when he finally speaks up
"Well, it's still under repair."
I think he was lying, just to not embarrass himself in front of the snobby rich girl, who doesnt know how to act in publc.
"Oh fuck!" Maria says,
She really needs someone who teaches her etiquette and public behavior.
After I finished my lasagna plate, I thanked his mother for being such a great cook and headed upstairs to continue clearing the bags.
My side of the room has one single bed a small closet, and a nightstand that both beds shared in between.
The drawers squeaked every time I opened one to put my clothes in, and the closets had one of these old locks so thay no one would steal our clothes.
Speaking about old, I directly look down to the tile I am standing on, damn it, it looks like a palace from the 70s, but who cares now!?
Maria cleared her bags surprisingly fast and took out her make up box, apart from the bag she had. Damn, this girl looks like a monster without some foundation on. While she was applying her lancome foundation, I stared at the window. The emptiness filled my soul, that now is filled with worry and panic, I mean, at any time they can knock on this door and take us back.
I flinch at the thought, then I notice Maria staring at me
"What's wrong with you?"
Oh what the hell, is she serious, what could possibly be right when we are on the road on going to nowhere and we don't know how we will end up, how will we make money, and where will we live.
"Well, Do you expect that anything is right?! We are sleeping here for a couple of days, but we can't stay for a lifetime!"
As i ended my phrase, I heard light foot steps, what if Trevor was eavesdropping?
He isn't the kind of guy that gets curious about things, but, people change.
It is about 12 PM now, and I am still on my nerves, a little bit eased, by the view from the window, how the old trees spoke to my soul, and the decent moves of the river calmed me down, to a state I haven't felt for years.
Finally, I decided to tour around town, regaining memories from the past.