Ch2 •

After my parents went early to work, Maria and I hopped to the elevator and went to the dining room, since i can't walk properly with my bruised thighs. After entering the kitchen, we sat on the large pink wooden table where we both waited for our breakfast.

Lili entered with her usual warm smile, although sometimes she fakes it, but it always boosts my mood and makes me feel better even after I was beaten up ( which is something i got used to anyway.) "Good morning girls". She tried not to bring up the subject about my father hitting me to not cause any disturbance. Then, she placed two plates of fried eggs done by her after the other maid, Roxy placed two cups of orange juice next to our plates. They both smiled at us then walked away. I looked at Maria as we both heard the sound of the maids' heals.

Lili had been living here since we were born, she raised Maria and I. She gave us the love and care our parents couldn't give. She stayed persistent even after all the lectures my father gave her, and sometimes it was about the smallest and simplest things like: why is his coffee hot. However, Roxy and a bunch of other maids where new here and got scared when they heard my father's voice echoing all the way down to the kitchen.

I stare at Maria as she ate her eggs like she hadn't ate in like 10 years.

"Maria" i said

"Yeah?" She probably said, with her mouthful

" How about we go today to grandam's house and sleep for the night, and we let Lili to tell our parents that we are upstairs sleeping?"

" Are you crazy?" She said

"Do you know what could happen to us you idiot?"

"We'd simply get a long hitting session if they found out! And they might also fire Lili! We can't risk this"

" I think you're right"

" Moreover, I don't think you need more bruises than these that u have now"

I looked at her and started tearing up, " If my real parents were still alive i wouldn't have stayed another minute in this house! Even though they were poor, they used to love me and care about me!"

Yes i know what are you wondering, me Alexa am adopted at the age of 7 after my parents had a car accident and i had no one left except my grandma. Because of my grandma's weak health, i was sent to Mom and Dad Stars considering their wealth and financial power." Maria jumped out of her chair and gave me a really tight hug and wiped my tears away. And says very softly "I am always here for you. Even though you aren't my sister by blood, i consider you to be my best friend and sister"

I closed my eyes and tightened the hug as she smiled.

Maria is John and Claire's real daughter. She considers me a real sister and really cares for me. The fact that she was lonely and had no one to play with made my presence a sight of luck. Now we grew up getting along to each other, and we rarely bring up the subject of my parents and the details.