The Drugs - Chapter 7

Luce's POV:

I was laying in bed. Thinking of what happened yesterday. UGH! I hate fighting. Than my phone rang.

"Hello?" I asked kind of tired. "Is Beau with you?" Jai asked. "Uhm no... I thought he went back home after..." I didn't end my sentence. "After what?" He asked concerned. "After our fight." I said confused. "I'll pick you up and than we will search him." He said and hung up. I tucked my phone away and putted on my shoes. 

The doorbell rang. I opened the door and saw Jai. "Luke, Skip and James are helping too!" Jai said and we walked to the car. I sat next to Luke and Jai. "I hope he's not..." James said and looked worried in Luke and Jai's direction. "What?" I asked. They shook their heads. "I'm still his girlfriend okay?! I have to know!" I yelled at them. "Okay, we'll tell you!"

"When Beau was about 16 or 17 he met these guys somewhere. They became friends and everything was cool. But than he found out that they were drug dealers. He didn't want to take any of the drugs, but eventually he did. After he did it for the first time he said he would never do it again. A few months later, his girlfriend broke his heart. He went back to those people and asked for drugs. It took us 4 months to get him to stop." Jai spoke. I didn't react. "And now he's probably smoking joints and stuff again." Luke ended the story.

"You never called the police?" I quietly asked. "We wanted to, but if we did, Beau would be dead by now." I felt so guilty. And Luke saw that. "It's not your fault. It really isn't" Luke tried to convince me. But we all knew it's my fault. 

******************

We arrived at an old building. "Here it is." We all got out of the car and walked inside. "Before we go up to him, after he took drugs, he is really agressive so you better watch out!" Daniel warned me. I nodded and stood behind him. 

"There he is." Daniel whispered. Beau stood with his head against a wall. He had a joint in his hand. His other hand was against the wall. Beau breathed the smoke in and started to cough. "Beau?" I whispered. He turned around, his face was all white and his eyes were red. "Why did you come here? It's not safe! Leave!" He yelled. I couldn't figure out if he was mad or worried.

"Beau, we're gonna take you with us!" Jai walked over him but Beau pushed him away. Jai fell on the ground. "I'll come home tonight!! Just leave before they come!" Beau said and signed that we had to leave. We left and drove home. 

"How could you guys be so sure he does come home?" I asked walking out of the car. "He always does! We'll call you when he's home!" Luke and James walked me to my house. "Okay than! Promise?" I asked and they both nodded. I walked inside and sat in the couch.

************************

It was 7 pm and i was staring at my phone. Than i got a message from Luke. Beau is home! Daniel is driving to you to pick you up! xx  I took my phone and walked to the door. I heard a car stopping infront of our house and i ran outside. I opened the door and daniel drove back. 

"How is he?" I asked and looked at Daniel. "I don't know, Luke called and i drove to you." He replied and i nodded. The whole ride was quiet. We didn't really say something.

When we arrived, we ran to the door and pushed on the doorbell. Jai opened. "He's upstairs." He sadly said and we walked upstairs. When we were infront of his bedroom door i stood still. "You go inside, i'm going to wait a bit." I said and he nodded. He walked inside. 

After a little while he came back out. "You can go..." he said and i walked inside. Beau was in his bed. He looked so bad. He was hurted. He was bleeding and was full of bruises. I walked over to him and sat next to him on the bed. He was laying down. "What did they do to you?" I asked. "When they found out people came, they started to punch me and kick me." He simply said. Like it's nothing.

He sat up. "I'm sorry you have to see me like this." I gave him a hug and he covered his face in my shoulder. "I just want this to be over..." I heard that he was crying. I couldn't help it but cry too. "You should've told me! Whenever you feel like you have to go, call me and i'll be there for you" I said and kissed him on his head. 

"I love you luce!" He said and looked up. He wiped my tears away and held my face in his hands. "I love you too Beau!" He smiled and we kissed. It was a perfect kiss even though Beau was hurted and cried.