Chapter 10

Finally it was the day of my scan, I was exited because I would finally be able to decorate the little bit of space I have in my room for the crib.

And I'd be able to buy more baby stuff.

I heard a car horn outside and knew it was Rebekah, I walked downstairs wearing jeans, a striped top and a Jean jacket.

"I'm leaving now" I shouted upstairs to Elena.

"Ok bye" she shouted back.

I shut the door behind me and made my way to Rebekah's red sports car.

I clipped my seatbelt in and looked over at my girlfriend who was smiling at me.
"Morning! How are you feeling today?" She asked me.

"Good. I'm exited about finding out the gender. How are you feeling?" I asked.

"Stressed. My brothers are being annoying and fighting everyday" she explained.

I leaned over to her and kissed her softly I felt her smile against my lips.
When we pulled away she smiled at me and started the car.

******

"Miss Gilbert?" The doctor called out and I grabbed Rebekah's hand and dragged her to the room.

"Just lie down on there" the doctor said pointing.

I did as she said and lay down whilst Rebekah sat next to me on one of the chairs.

"Ok... your around 23 weeks pregnant?" She asked me and I nodded.

"Any problems so far during your pregnancy?"

"My back has started to hurt a little and my feet" I told her.

She nodded and wrote that down on her paper.
"That's perfectly normal, the feet ache is the weight of the baby when your walking a lot so I recommend putting your feet up when you sit down and don't walk for long distances. And the back ache is just your body adjusting to the extra weight of the baby" she explained.

I nodded in understanding.

"Ok let's have a look then" she said gesturing to me.

I lifted my shirt up just above my stomach and unbuttoned my jeans so then we're below it.

She warned me about the cold gel and squirted it on my stomach.

I watched as a baby shape appeared on the screen and smiled a little.

"Everything looks good. Do you want to know the gender?" She asked and I nodded.

I watched as she examined the picture on the screen and smiled at me.
"It's a boy"

I grinned, I've always wanted a boy. I looked over at bekah and saw she had tears in her eyes so I grabbed her hand and she smiled at me.

*****

Once I'd cleaned the gel off I asked for 3 prints of the scan. I wanted to give bekah one.

When the doctor came back and handed me the prints I walked out to the car where Rebekah was.

I handed her the picture and she smiled.
"Are you sure?" She asked.

"Yes bekah. Your my girlfriend I want you to have it. The baby is your baby too. I've told you this. Don't argue." I added the end when I saw her going to protest.

She wrapped her arms around me hugging me tightly but being carful of the baby bump.

She dropped me off back at my house and I walked in and pinned the scan on the fridge and kept the 3rd one just for myself.

"Hey jer, hey Lena" I greeted my siblings when they came in the kitchen.

I saw them both looking at me expectantly but I just smirked at them.

"Come on!!! Tell us!" She whined.

"Fine" I giggled
"A boy"

I stroked my stomach smiling like a idiot.
She squealed and hugged me.
"Congrats!"