XXXI

Katies POV: 

The dress for the night was one of my favourites, dark green velvet shirt, embroidered with silver strings to decorate the hem and skirt with stars. The bodice fitted closely upp to my neck, the back opened and the arms embroidered with the same pattern as the skirt. My scars visible for all to see. My hair tied back to one side, A combe covered in bronze flowers held it back. No necklaces needed. The dress was the first thing I had bought for myself here, and over the years as I got back from my sickness, i had it altered to fit me. I had never made any attempts to order one similar to the one I had worn on Calanmai so many years ago, and this one was a way of me to have that Spring side of me combined with the Night Court side. And tonight this one was the most suitable dress.

"You look stunning." Galad said, wrapping his arms around me. "You haven't worn this dress in a while..."

"Yea... I thought that it was fitting for this year." I said turning around, Galad had his more standard suit for formal nights. With one detail special made, next to the silver embroidery, a glistering green thread was placed. Barely visible if you didn't know it was there.

"Are you ready to go?" He kissed me, then taking my hand in his.

"Yes, I am ready to go."

The House of Winds was already full of people, music playing and drinks was handed out. I declined a glass. I had never liked the tasted of it, and water was more then enough for me. Galad accepted and we made our way welcoming the guests. Feyre and Rhys had already started and we meet up. Feyre looked just as stunning as she always did on Starfall.

"Glad to see you two agian!" She said, giving me a hug. "Are you okey?" her tone deskret.

"I am fine, once the chock passed." I said, at this point all of the guest knew how I was related to Tamlin. Knew parts of my story, whispering and gossiping about it. I had heard them, on some smaller missions, fiding out about some of the courts lower Lords alienses. Nothing I had heard was deemed a threat, but the gossiping was not something Rhys had liked. Nor had Galad, who had been rallied up for days after.

"Good to hear." Feyre said, smiling. "Shall we continue?" We walked in a grupp, Welcoming guests. My first year had been one of the most stressful situations for me ever. Questions I at the time didn't want to answer, had been thrown at me. Some of the more opportunistisk guest had tried to befriend me, only to drop me of when they understood who I was. Now, some of them was still guests, smiling and drinking. Acting like that never had happened. And I did too, no need to start drama. We had enough of that on other fronts. I did recognise some more pleasant guests. And some new. Daughters and sons to lords that just had come of age to participate in the night's festivities. Mor came towards us, her red dress for the night a new one.

"Good Starfall." She said, wine glass in hand. "You look stunning Katie." She said, smiling. Galad pulled me to his side, kissing my head.

"Thank you, new dress?" I asked.

"Yes, this one spoke to me." Mor said, laughing.

"So did all the ones you bought last week." Belinda said, dressed in her version of formal ware. A suit like Galads, but cut differently, her wings tucked closely to her back.

"No date tonight?" Galad asked, Belinda shook her head.

"No, not tonight" I had never seen her with anyone, male or female. But I had heard Galads stroys of her lovers.

"I see that the entier family is here." Rhys said. Our laughters got cut of by a silence that came over the guests. And all of us drew a sigh, the night's guests from the Court of Nightmares had arrived. The deal was simple, one cupel, married, mated, or just partners, was allowed to come to the holidays. Rhys and Feyre walked towards the new guests, Mor emptied her glass, Belinda just shooked her head.