Chapter 1

It was a long shift at the hospital, and when I got home, Lisa was sitting in the living room with a glass of wine watching a movie

It was a long shift at the hospital, and when I got home, Lisa was sitting in the living room with a glass of wine watching a movie. She looks up to me and greets me with a smile as I walked in.

"Hey you, how was Luke today? I hope he didn't give you a hard time? I'm sorry about the late nights. I have been trying my best to work a bit of overtime because Luke really wants to do this little weeklong football camp this summer, and it's a bit pricey" I look over to her exhaustion present all over my face.

"oh, quiet, crazy lady, you are fine; you don't have to apologize for anything. You are such a good mom, plus I love watching my nephew. He is a great kid," Lisa says, swirling her glass before taking a sip "plus, it's not like I have a life either single sally here remember," she says as we both let out a deep laugh.

I left her in the living room watching her movie as I headed towards my room; I took a shower to get the scent of antiseptic and hospital off me, then I took a quick peek to see my son fast asleep in his room snoring under his covers when I returned, I walked into the open kitchen and saw that she was already another glass re-filled and chuckling to a scene from the movie Stepbrothers.

"You know, if you're going to finish that glass, that means your sleeping in the guest room tonight" I look at her with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes, sis, that was the plan anyway. Why do you think I am drinking all of your delicious wine," She says with a smirk. I smile and reach for my glass in the cupboard and joined her on the couch as she poured me a drink with the rest of the wine in the bottle.

"How's work going, sis? By the way, Luke told me that you went on another date last weekend. Why was this not mentioned at lunch we had yesterday? Ahem," she says with a grin and curious look.

I shook my head and rolled my eyes at her. "Ugh, oh please, would you call it a date if we didn't even make it to dessert without me contemplating to escape through the restaurants bathroom window and with him boring me by being so full of himself? We barely made it through dinner itself. I wanted just to go home, but I suffered because like all of you say I'm too nice, and he kept talking as if he was god's gift for women all night," scoffing at the memory, taking a drink of my wine.

"My coworkers arranged it for me, and it was one blind date. I'm trying to forget about since it was terrible. The guy's attitude was arrogant as hell; I just accepted the date so they could leave me alone with all the nagging," rolling my eyes.

I watched her kick her head back and laugh; she started to shake her head at the thought of how bad it went as I told her more of that disastrous date details. "I'm sorry, sis, I'm sure there is a guy out there that isn't a total creep; you deserved to be loved too, you know" her eyes filled with care, looking back at me.

"Lisa, I don't need a man. I have my little man, and we have been happy just us two for five years now, plus I think that ship has sailed. People say you have only one great love, and well, I had it, but it wasn't forever," looking down at my glass of wine.