Final Chapter

Maria and I had an early morning start with meeting the party planner who helped me plan the surprise baby shower

Maria and I had an early morning start with meeting the party planner who helped me plan the surprise baby shower. Luke was spending the morning with his grandparents, and I made sure my driver and car were around so they could go and sightsee a bit more. My parents offered to take them around as well, so it was perfect. Maria and I were sitting in a little brunch restaurant when we saw our party planner walk in, so we waved her down, and she greets us with a smile. "Good Morning guys, what's up? Did something happen yesterday at the party?" she looked back curiously because she wasn't expecting to hear from us so suddenly.

"Oh no, everything yesterday was perfect! I had such a great time, and everything was beautiful!" I hear Maria say, and a sigh of relief was exhaled by Cindy, who was sitting across the little bistro table we had. "That's the thing, Cindy; you did so great yesterday. We were hoping you could do another surprise get-together for us," I said, and her eyebrows raised out of curiosity. "I have to say you guys all must really like surprise party's huh" we smile back as she chuckles and we see her pull out a little note pad "well, of course, what's the details? and the timeline?, what kind of get together," she asks, and both Maria and I look at each other and grin.

"Well, we want you to plan our wedding," I let her know, and she smiles " Oh, that's amazing! It'll be an honor, ok, what would you want? Anything that you guys want specifically? you know it's the bride's special day, but some grooms have things they would like too," she says, writing in her little notebook. "Hmm, well, I do want good comfort country food and good music to dance to, that's pretty much it. What about you, honey?" Maria looks at me "well, I do want a grooms cake and as long as it's chocolate, then just tell me where I need to be. I reply back with a smile "oh, ok, the guest count?" she looks back at us, a bit curious. " well, about like 40-50, mainly the people that were at the baby shower yesterday. " I answered since Maria was munching on her waffle "ok, I'm afraid to ask when do you guys want to do this" her eyebrows furrow back " well, tonight, you think it's possible?" Maria says after she gulps her orange juice to wash down her waffle.

"Whoa, tonight?" Shock present on her face, and we both couldn't help but laugh " You think you can do it? I don't care about the cost. Honestly, we just want an intimate gathering of good food, music, and company, nothing huge or flashy." I look at her, hopeful, and we see her crack a smile " Well, I do like a challenge, and you guys are great people. I can work wonders, but it's going to be very busy after we are done here. Maria cheers, and she smiles so brightly that both Cindy and I smile and the cuteness we were seeing.

"Alright, well, the first thing is first we should choose a venue, and I know 3 that we can probably get now if we ask. But there is this restaurant that is also in a barn about a half-hour away from the city, I've used that venue for bridal showers and rehearsal dinners, but they have a stage at the end of the barn, we can set up a little band or DJ, and the food is southern comfort food, If I call them now we can work a deal for it for tonight since it's only about 40-50 people, I know a few ordained pastors that I'm sure can be called in last minute. Cute barn style and country decorations are easy, and simple" Cindy starts to unload all her ideas and Maria. I start to get excited. It sounded perfect. Cindy pulled her cell out and started to work her magic to she contacted her assistant and the venue.