Chapter 19

Right before my mom left, I told her about what's going on

Right before my mom left, I told her about what's going on. She was ecstatic about being a grandma again and told me to be strong. A few days later, Jason and I spoke here and there, I was training a few of the nurses, and I have been checking in with Luke back home since he went back for school. Jason wanted to have dinner, but his schedule was so busy, so it didn't really give us much time in person, and each time I tried to let him know about my pregnancy, I would chicken out.

One day I saw Allison come out of one of the doctor's offices, at the hospital, smiling ear to ear when she sees me. "Hey Maria!" she waves happily.

"Hey, Allie! So how is baby doing?" looking at her cute baby bump showing with her outfit, "oh healthy but kicking like crazy, we will get to know the gender soon. Hence, we are excited," She says excitedly "ah, that reminds me, my mom said to let me know what the gender is she wants to make a baby blanket for the little one" I smile at her and return mines with an even wider one.

"That's so sweet of her; I love the blanket she gifted us for Christmas! I use it every day! are you busy? Let's go grab dinner just us 2, Danny is at the gym, and I'm sure he's dying to grab a pizza for dinner, so maybe he can go with his friend James tonight; the smell of the grease makes me nauseous so poor thing can't really eat it with me around. she says with a little pity in her tone.

"That's fine. I actually just finished this shift, and eating alone isn't so much fun; what were you thinking?" I say with a smile. "hmm, I was thinking some Mexican food," she smiles. "perfect, I been craving tacos for a lot lately, but what does NYC know about good old Mexican food" she chuckles, and Allison joins in with her laughter

"I would think that same if I were you, but I did find this one place that reminds me of the one you took us back in California; you will love it, alright how about I give you an hour to shower and change into anything other than scrubs," she says.

" Oh, nice! Sounds like a plan" I excited to spend ladies' night with Allison.

I got back to the hotel and got changed; since most of my jeans are not able to really fit, so I been in love with tights and leggings lately, so I got dressed in a cute blouse with leggings and boots, Allison sent me the address for the restaurant, got into a cab, once I arrived I walked inside to see Allison already sitting in a booth trying to get my attention.

We sat down and started to order appetizers; as we caught up with everything going on, I felt a strong, sharp pain in my abdomen. "ouch, whoa," I exhale "sorry about that" looking at her. "you ok Maria?" she looks concerned.

"Yea, I have just been standing up a lot and moving around at the hospital. I should be taking it easy," I confessed naturally. "ah yea, I really admire you, our nurses are always running around, tiring yourselves out and bedside manner when patients aren't very friendly isn't so great." She admits and I chuckle.