Chapter 24

Earlier today, James, Danny, Luke, and I waited till the girls left for their spa day; I made sure that we were all to meet at the gym just in case, but once Maria texted me that she was about to get her massage, we all left for the party store pi...

Earlier today, James, Danny, Luke, and I waited till the girls left for their spa day; I made sure that we were all to meet at the gym just in case, but once Maria texted me that she was about to get her massage, we all left for the party store picked up the things for the baby shower I had been planning for the past month,  with the help of my sister and her party planner Cindy she recommended we were able so far to pull this baby shower off without getting caught.

When I told her parent's what I was trying to do they immediately tried to help and even reached out to Lisa to coordinate things for everyone back in California to be able to make it as well since I know she would have wanted everyone she loved and cared about to be there for such an important gathering. 

I assigned Danny and James the duty to pick up my parents and get Kevin from the airport when his flight came in, while Luke and I wanted to get the decorations for the restaurant; the party planner had most of it done, but Luke wanted to add a few special touches for his mom, and it's impossible to say no to something that we can do for Maria. 

She was both Luke and I weakness, and we knew it, but we didn't care. Once we met up at the restaurant, the guys were already there helping us unload the decoration we bought at the store; Luke goes over to my parents and his uncles while I spoke to the manager and Cindy. 

They went over the menu and asked me if there was anything else I wanted or needed to change just let them know; I checked my watch. We still had an hour till Luke, and I had to head to the airport to get his grandparents, and Michelle and Steven, along with Linda, were already here. They arrived last night, and we're catching up on some sleep before the party. "Luke, bud, you want to help decorate the gift table," I asked him, and his head starts to nod with excitement. I noticed one of the waitresses come up to us and starts up a conversation with Luke as James and I continue to spread out the table cloths and decorate them with pink and blue little footprints; once we were done, we were about to move on another table when the waitress looks up to me and asks me who I am.

"That's Jason and my uncle James," he says to the waitress, but I hear a sense of annoyance in a tone that I haven't heard before, and it caused me to look at her funny "wow, you sure are handsome," she says with a wink, and that was when Luke comes over to me and grabs my hand. "Please leave my dad alone," pulling me away but not without my jaw dropping to the ground after him calling me dad leaving the waitress awkwardly there staring along with James. 

"Buddy? are you ok? I stop our walk and have him face me. "oh, it's just she kept asking questions about you to me, and I think she likes you, and it made me mad cause you are with my mommy, and I'm going to be a big brother you are supposed to be with us" he says with a hint of now sadness in his tone and my heart breaks. "Buddy, I'm not going anywhere ok?, I promise your mom and I will be there be together along with your sisters, and we will be one big family. No one can take me away from you, your mom, and now your little sisters." I say, giving him a hug, " but you aren't even married. What if you leave each other again?" he drops his head. I felt terrible "alright bud, you want to know a secret?" looking back at me with misty eyes, " This party isn't just a baby party, I'm going to ask your mom to marry me, You think she will say yes?"  grinning as I see his little face turn into a smile he watched as I took out the ring I been holding on to for weeks out of the inside pocket of my jacket.