Chapter 15

Christmas morning came around, and we all were gathered around in the living room opening gifts; I loved watching everyone smile and laugh still in Pj's and coffee filling the air, I watched Luke being surrounded by gifts from Jason and his family...

Christmas morning came around, and we all were gathered around in the living room opening gifts; I loved watching everyone smile and laugh still in Pj's and coffee filling the air, I watched Luke being surrounded by gifts from Jason and his family, a few of the gifts he got from Jason's brother was a pair of inline skates and a hockey stick, He got a hockey goal he could set up in the driveway, and he loved it.

Yesterday at the rink, I watched Luke get a lot closer to Jason's brother Kevin and brother in law Danny along with my dad; he enjoyed skating around and hitting little goals with them; at the end of the day, they asked me if it was ok for Luke to call them uncle, and it was fine to me he adored them. I saw how much the guys adored him as well, just like how Jason was so naturally drawn and sweet to Luke; I was very grateful.

There was a point in time a few months ago where Luke would be sad since he didn't have men to hang around with and now not only did he have Jason and Steven but now Kevin and Danny as well, it was like he had his only little guys club and he couldn't be any happier.

Allison was amazing; she wasn't only beautiful, but she was so intelligent, and I wasn't surprised to find out she was a doctor; we exchanged numbers, and she was so easygoing and so much fun to just talk to as well. I was so happy to see that everything was falling into place, and for the first time in a long time, I didn't feel lost or even lonely.

After Luke opened his gifts, we exchanged gifts amongst the adults; My parents got cute baking set for my mother and my father some thermally insulated cups for beer from Jason's family. They loved it; my parents gifted his parents a case of California's Napa Valley's wine, all different typed from whites to reds, and they loved it. As for the siblings, my mom gave them handmade quilts she made herself, one for Kevin and another for Allison and Danny.

When it was our turn for gifts, I had a spa day luxury package for me and our mothers and Allison for tomorrow and the guys we got them a group tour to a brewery nearby; since Luke spends the day after Christmas with Matts family, he would be with them we did invite them this morning, but Matt's family wanted us to have time together with Jason's and I family meeting for the first time.

But did invite us for a BBQ in the afternoon before we do these outings and we loved and accepted it, thankfully. After all, they will always be a part of Luke, and I live regardless of what happens between Jason and I. Lastly, I grabbed one last gift for Allison since Jason told me she loved country music and singing, I went into the hallway closet and brought out a big rectangular box, and everyone watched in fascination.

"Allison, your brother told me that you are a country singer on your downtime" I smirk, and she laughs as she kindly takes the box from me.

Everyone gathers around her as she opens the huge box, and I see her eyes light up as she notices the familiar shape of a leather guitar case. She opens up the case and runs her hands through the brand new guitar but notices something around the shiny wooden polish at the end.