* Memories *

"I know what happened back then... it was bad. I should have somehow tried to get back after she drugged me and put me in a plane... And even if it would have been almost impossible to escape the 24/7 observation during university... I tried my best sending him letters every week and sneaking them out... I just... I want to apologise to him Mew", Earth broke out and could feel the anger rise inside him again. He had regretted it all those years that he wasn't there when Mix needed him the most, that he couldn't be by the younger's side and tell him that everything would be okay. And help him recover physically and mentally from what happened. But... he never got a chance to do that.

Mew seemed to be a little thrown of by that comment, him losing the cold and harsh demeanor and his features softening a little. Now, he reminded Earth a little more of the person he used to call his best friend, that knew him in and out... the one who had helped him preparing the proposal... and who hopefully was there for Mix when he couldn't...

"Alright", the other sighed and started rubbing his nose bridge while trying to think about the whole situation. "That guy there beside you... is it safe to talk in front of him?"

The person talked about focused his attention back on the situation, currently having drifted off looking around and enjoying to actually be back in thailand's climate... cause he could never really warm up to the raininess and the cold that british weather brought with it. His gaze focused on the tall man standing, who was musteriung him from head to toe and tried his best evaluating wether or not he was a safe person to listen to all of this...

"Relax Mew, he knows about everything. His name is Gulf, he is kind of a Mix of my Business Partner and Best Friend... and was the one who helped me smuggle out the letters for Mix... "

He continued mustering Gulf for a moment before slowly nodding towards Earth's comment, but never took his eyes off the person sitting there. All those years Mew had kept track of Earth, just in case that Mix wanted to contact him at some point again... and obviously he came across Gulf's picture more than just once while keeping track of all the happenings.

"So how much do you know about what happened... after the hospital?"

Earth's jaw tightened at the word hospital... Mix' pained and pale face coming back right in front of his eyes and he could feel his hands starting to shake when thinking back of it.

*
"Sir... You can go to him, " the doctor spoke after coming out of one of the VIP patient rooms and making Earth jump up from the seat he had waited on for the past hour.

With every step that he came closer to where Mix was, he could feel his heart clenching in his chest, while it  was trying to violently destroy his ribs by how strong it was beating. It almost felt as if his heart was accelerating that much in the hope that it wasn't Mix in the bed laying there, that it wasn't his soon-to-be-husband that had to go through all of this... but Earth had found him himself earlier. And that filled his body with pain, almost as if someone was  putting him in a bathtub full of ice.

"Mix..."

Earth had to hold his hand in front of his mouth, trying to silence the sobs that he couldn't hold back when seeing the person he loved the most in the world... laying like this in the bed. Covered up to his chest with a blanket, bruises over his arms and his skin looking almost like the snow that he had only seen in their oversea vacations... something that looked too unnatural to be real, but that was beautiful... well beautiful until Mix looked like this.

It took all his self restraints to keep his trembling hand in front of his mouth when he came closer to the bed, carefully placing his hand on Mix' and trying to calm enough down to be able to pat the younger's head, like he always did when Mix took a nap next to him or when he woke up earlier than his fiancé and could watch him being asleep for a while. They had never done anything in the bed, other than the kisses they exchanged or when they ended up falling asleep while cuddling... but just knowing that Mix was in his arms when he would wake up, was enough to make him happy.