* I see you *

Song: Lana del Rey - Cinnamon girl (slowed n reverb) by starclouds

_____________________________

"What are you doing, " Gulf asked curiously, entering the kitchen after he had picked up everything he would need for going out with the other two.

"Oh there is another patient who likes melon a lot... so I am cutting some for her and Mix."

Mew's face turned into a soft smile, finishing his work with the knife and taking out two containers. The fruit had been cut up very differently, one half in small cubes without the peel, the other in big slices with it - the way you would usually cut it to hand over to other people. Once he had both packaged, Mew washed his hands and cleaned up the rest of the utensils, since they were still waiting for Earth to come back from the bathroom before they could leave.

"That's very kind of you... I heard a lot of stories from Earth about you but..."

"I don't want to stay to much on the topic... but while she is currently a patient, she used to take care of her daughter that was there. She moved here like me, probably half a year before Mix and I came to this place. Sadly... her daughter passed away after two years of her illness... and around a year ago she got diagnosed with the same illness... and is now spending the rest of her life there, " he exclaimed quietly, sadness evident in his voice.

He really felt sorry for her, it was a tragic fate to first loose your daughter, who was just two or three years older than mix when she became a patient in the facility... only to be diagnosed with the exact same illness a couple years later. She had seen her daughter wither away over such a long time... and knowing the exact steps the illness would take in her life as well... it sure was a heartbreaking fate.

"I feel so sorry..."

"She is a very kind person. Whenever I have to go to Bangkok for two days, usually every 3 months for the shareholder meeting... she makes sure that someone talks with Mix. That he isn't alone the whole day, of course the caretaker to a great job but still... he is familiar with her and doesn't mind her talking to him or telling him things, " Mew smiled sadly, packing the containers in a small bag to carry them around, while picking up his other things.

He couldn't express how grateful he felt to her, having at least one person that could understand the difficulty of having someone dear to you in such a facility... the strength it took to take care of them even if you loved them to death. It was no easy task, everyone knew... but sometimes it just felt good to have someone really understand what it was like, and no matter how many fruits he would bring her ... there was never a way to repay her kindness.

Gulf and Mew had barely finished their conversation when Earth came back, rubbing his sweaty palms together and looking a little nervous.

"It is okay to be nervous, Earth, " Mew said softly, placing a hand on the other's shoulder in an attempt to give him a little strength or at least calm his nerves for now.

"I am here at all times, no matter what happens, so there is no need to worry, " Gulf agreed quickly, giving his friend a reassuring smile before taking the small bag with the melon from Mew and following after him to his car.

Most of the ten minute car ride was spent in absolute silence, Mew had considered turning on the radio in the beginning, short after getting in... but he had deemed some tranquility the best option before the storm. He wasn't a big fan of doing things unprepared or quickly when it came to Mix... worried that every misstep could lead to an issue, could destroy some of the progress they had been making over the last four years hear. That could scare Mix, terrify him... Mew couldn't handle seeing Mix suffer more than he had already needed to survive...