Chapter 1: the birthday girl and boy

~ (Y\N) POV~

I was asleep in my bedroom. It was both mine and my best friends Peter's birthday! We were turning six today. I groaned and spun around in bed, flip flopping. I heard a knock at the door when someone came inside "(Y\N)? You awake?" A sweet voice asked. It was my mom! She always woke me up like this on my birthday. Usually when she woke me up Peter would be right behind her.

I moaned and got up in bed, stretching. I was in my galaxy pajamas. I opened up my mouth and let out a rather loud yawn and stretched my right arm into the air. "Morning Mommy" I replied and smiled. My (H\C) looked like a rat's nest in the mornings, crawling out of bed and walking to my dresser. Mom already had my clothes ready and waiting for me. A nice pink skirt, blue tights, galaxy shirt and a red jacket. I've always loved the colour red, the red tinges in fires,the red of blood, and how people's faces turn red if they're embarrassed. I also find it kinda funny how Peters face becomes red when I compliment him. Its cute.

I got out of pajamas and into my clothes. Knock! knock! Knockity knock! There was the special code that Peter and I had made. My parents don't even know it! "Come in!" I called. Peter poked his head inside my door and he walked inside, shuffling his feet. "Hi (N\N)" he said quietly but held his hands behind his back, hiding something. I looked at him confused but I kept a smile plastered on my face. "Hiya Pete!" I giggled. He frowned "don't call me Pete, it's Peter." He corrected me. I rolled my eyes. "Happy Birthday Peter" "happy Birthday (N\N)!" He replied, smiling again. He held out a box covered in a sparkly gold ribbon. He placed it in my hands and hugged me. "Thanks Peter!" I said and handed him a home made Jacket. He put it on. I looked at the gift and carefully unwrapped the ribbon before taking off the top of the box to see a sketch pad and a magnificent assortment of pencils. I smiled and hugged him back, setting the gift down. It was amazing. "(Y\N)! Peter! Come downstairs!" My dad called down to me and my best and ONLY friend. We ran downstairs and had a party. Auntie, Uncle, Grandma and Grandpa were there!

Peter and I stayed away from them, spending more time outside than inside as per usual. I smiled and laid down on the grass. I was tired. So I closed my eyes and took a nap.