Chapter 3: surprise!

I woke up in my room on a ship, its my ninth birthday right now. I smiled and got out of bed and walked towards my dresser. I threw on a black top, red pants and a large red jacket. It was pretty huge on me. But, the one question burned in the back of my head 'why am I the only teran here?' I wondered. Shrugging it off I grabbed the picture of me and a boy off of my shelf and hugged it. I only have a few remaining memories from where I used to live. Some of those memories included the boy but they never said his name. I remember his voice, kinda. It was kinda squeaky but not really. Anyways, I opened up the door and wandered down the corridors to the main room.

While walking down the corridor I bumped into a man which I considered as my father for as long as I can remember. "Hello (Y/N)" Yondu greeted me. I smiled my usual bright smile. I ran up and hugged him, he hugged back. Yondu was the only one who was actually nice to me. I giggled "guess what!" I said excitedly. I hope that he remembers what day it is today, it's super awesome. He raised an eyebrow "what?" He asked. I sighed "you don't remember? Its my ninth birthday!" I said happily and smiled even more. He smiled "of course! Heh, that's awesome! You've been here for three years now" He said with a slight chuckle. I giggled. 'Wow, three years. Three long years' I thought. I skipped past him and towards the main room, a bunch of other Ravegers were there talking to one another. A couple of them shot me some nasty glares, making me uncomfortable. I don't know why I'm hated here, probably because I'm the only Taren. And these aliens eat Tarens like me for breakfast. I don't know why they didn't eat me yet, it's still a mystery. "Yondu is going to get a new recruit soon." One of them said. "I hope it isn't another Taren" another one said and walked off. My face lit up 'another Taren! I won't be the only one now!!!' I thought excitedly and ran off. Yondu came up to me and grabbed my hand "come with me, were going to tour home planet. I have a present for ya" he said and flew the ship towards my home planet. I smiled "woohoo!'