Woah, Where Am I?

Pearl POV:

I woke up hearing voices and blush rushing to my head. Where the heck am I?

I peeled open my eyes and realized I was hanging upside down.

Boom...Boom....Boom

"Hello Pearl, lovely day isn't it?" The devil herself smiled at me.

"What.The.Hell.Am.I.Doing.Here?" I said getting straight to the point.

"I know about your little secret, how you're a mermaid. An injured one at that. I've been watching you ever since you washed up in the beach a couple months ago. When I saw Amelia pick you up before I did, I knew I had to secure my paycheck. I've been the joke for the past 12 years in the MLI (Marine Life Institute) but you sweetheart will put me on the map!!" She laughed manically.

I cackled and snorted. "What in the hell makes you think I'm a mermaid?" I lied, I was always good at lying.

"This video proves me right." She took out her phone and there I was, flopping to shore. My face paled.

"So, until I can transfer you out of this facility and to my real one four hours away, you are going to stay right here." She gave me a demonic smile.

Boom.....Boom.....Boom....

She crazier than a bitch.

As I was planning how my future demise was going to go in my head, I noticed a girl clacking away on her keyboard.

(The girl in the cover)
A stud to be exact.

Medium length locs, a baby face, I think, glasses that reflected her computer screen, the glasses covering her hazel eyes.

"Psst. Pssst. Psssssstttt!" I made the sound towards the girl, trying to get her attention.

She looks at me with annoyance.

"What?"

"Can you get me out these chains." I whispered, with a lil cheese at the end.

"No." She went back to clacking on the keyboard.

I didn't tell anyone butttt......, I'm going to tell you.

My tail is completely healed which means my powers are at full use. Yayyyyy.

Which means I can use my powers, but not in these things. They have some type of blockers.

Seriously where did she get this shit.

Okay.. Plan #2.

I started to fake cry, trying to muster out a few tears. Lookin stoopid.

It seemed to have caught her attention cause she looked in my direction worried.

Then the girl got up and sat infront of my face.

"I'm sorry that you are tied up. I didn't think boss would do this. I just thought that Mrs. Q would ask you questions. She's a very sweet person when you get to know her tho." The girl said with a glimmer in her eye and I read her name tag.

Layla Marshall: Assistant.

Wait a min...

I scrunched up my nose in disgust.

"Ewwww you have a crush on her!? Anybody in the world and you chose that crazy-" Layla urgently shushed me.

"So what if I did? Can you blame me?"

"Yes." I answered her immediately.

Layla just kinda shut off into her thoughts. Pondering about something.

Her mouth finally opened back up.

"Okay, I will break you out."

Short chapter ik..I did that on purpose🤪