Chapter 6: A Glimpse Into The Past

I just stood there, locked in between his arms, barely breathing. He stared deep into my eyes as I got lost into his. Not knowing what to do and wanting relieve this awkward tension, I did the most unexpected thing possible. I bursted out into a fit of laughter. All of sudden, Nate started to slightly let me go and looked at me as with shock, confusion, and even a hint of fear. So many trival emotions passed on Nate's face as I clutched my stomach and looked up at him through my now blurry vision. There was no way in heck Nate could possibly be my neighbor, my neighbors were the Rivera's. The most kindest, loving elderly people you could ever meet. I remember when my parents were still alive, my mom and I used to go mostly every saturday to pick strawberries from their garden and bake all kinds of delicious Latin deserts. And their arroz con gandules was always amazing. How could have they moved and I never noticed a thing.

But now I find myself here, standing before Nate, laughing like one of those crazed hiennas from the Lion King. If I hadn't scared him off with my monstrous eating before, I had really done it now. "Ok Nate, you got me, now tell me why you're really here." I said in between heavy breaths. "Sweetheart, i'm telling the truth." He said with a serious tone that gave reality the pleasure of slapping me across the face. "B-But what about the Riveras?" I questioned still not wanting to accept the truth. " "The who's?" He questioned not understanding the first time. "The Riveras, you know the people who used to live next door." I now said becoming frustrated. "Well they obviously moved if i just said that I now live next door." he said with a sarcastic tone. " i don't believe this, this is preposterous!!" i said shaking my head like a child. "Such a big word for such a small girl" Nate said close to laughing. "Not funny" I said with a straight face "go ahead, check for yourself." he answered confidently. "i will." i replied just as confident as he had. I left the kitchen leaving Nate behind as i opened my front door to look at the home right beside mine. To my shock. it indeed was true, they were two large u-haul trucks with panda bears on each side of them. Despite it only being a drawing, they were pretty adorable if I do say so myself.

"Ohh would you look at that!, Are my eyes decieving me?!"Nate yelled ratherly loudly in my ear as he came behind me to look outside.

"Ok point proven, but, that still doesn't explain why you're in my house!" I answered with agitation as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"I was on my voyage towards my home, when I had the unsettling urge to behold your beauty once more which as managed to bewitched me body and soul. " He exclaimed rather dramatically while placing one hand on his heart and pointing the other towards me.

"Shut up and tell me why you're really here." This guy is really testing my patience.

"Alright, alright, i'll tell you." he said while putting his hands up in surrender.

"It's about time!" I screamed. Man what a girl's gotta do to get some answers in her own home.

"You're mom invited us over."

"Us?" I questioned instead of getting into the whole that's my aunt not my mom situation. Sure I was already accustomed to the innocence people mistaking my aunt for my mother and I usually would clear all miscommunications but, at this point I was too tired.

" My parents and I." He concluded.

"Ohh..." I so intelligently responded.

"Yea I actually came in the kitchen to get those cookies. " He chuckled while rubbing his hand on the nape of his neck. I could feel my cheeks reddening deeply as I took another glance at the plate in which once held about ten cookies and now none. I can't help it. I love food!