Chapter 9: A Hospital Visit

*Listen to song while reading*

Who would have thought i'd ever find myself in this predicament. In all of my eighteen years of living, the last thing I ever thought i'd be doing is getting all dressed up for a date with a guy i absolutely hated. Well sort of hated.

I had tried on so many outfits, it looked as if my closet threw up on my bedroom floor. If this torture is what average teenage girls endure in order to go out, well i'm glad I have no social life.

I can't believe I let Nathan convince me to leave the comfort of my home for this date. My plans were to eat ice cream and binge watch The Office. I hate him.

No you don't we've been over this.

Ugh!

I should've asked Adrianne and Natalie to help me because I am obviously out of my element.

"What's wrong honey? What is this mess in your room!?" Alex I did not raise you like this!" Aunt Rose shouted.

"Tia please I need help! I'm going out with Nathan and I'm having trouble doing all this girly stuff" I pouted.

"You're going out! With Nathan! About time I'd thought I'd die without seeing little nietos running around. Of course, I'll help! You should have told me earlier, we could have avoided this chaos!"

"Tia!" I said rolling my eyes.

"Do that again, and God will punish you by having your eyes stay at the back of your head" She scolded.

"Sorry Tia" I murmured.

***********
"Te ves hermosa Alex" Aunt rose said proud of her work.

" I can't look that different."

I stood up quickly and walked over to my vanity. I stared at my reflection, and for a moment I didn't recognize myself.

I was wearing a simple black dress but it was beautiful. My hair was straightened to perfection, my cheeks a soft pink, my eyes covered with nude eyeshadow and my lips had a cherry red tint that seemed almost natural.

"Wow"

" That's what Nathan will say when he see you" Aunt Rose laughed.

As soon as she said that, the doorbell rang and my stomach began to churn in nervousness.

"Must be him, I'll go get the door." Aunt Rose said, quickly leaving.

I collected my thoughts, let out a deep breath, and prepared myself for what was to come. This was my first date. With a guy. A member of the opposite sex. A male. An annoyingly attractive male nonetheless.

Focus, Alex. Focus.

I made my way down the stairs and caught a glimpse of my date. Gosh he looked so handsome, I felt underdressed.

Maybe this is good, he'll notice you're not worth his time. Then he forget you and leave you alone. That's what you want, isn't?

I shook my head to get rid of those thoughts and soon found Nathan eating some of the cookies my Tia had made for him, most likely.

He heard the patter of my footsteps, and turned to look at me.

"Wow" Nathan said, while dropping the cookie he had in mid air.

"Told you" Aunt Rose chimed in.

"Are you ready to go? Or do you want to finish business first" I laughed.

" No I'm ready! Adios Señora Villanueva! I promise to take good care of Alex!" He shouted to Aunt Rose.

"You better mijo!" She yelled back even louder.