Chapter 8: Only If We Get a Puppy

"Good Morning Aunt Rose, isn't it a wonderful day!" I said spotting her in the kitchen making some of her famous and my personal favorite, chocolate chip pancakes.

"Morning honey! You're up bright and early considering you and your bed are joined at the hip. I was beginning to think that I would have to have to pour water over your head again to wake you up..... wait a minute!" She exclaimed as if a new found discovery came crashing down on her.

She stared at me with a crazy look in her eyes that I knew too well. I didn't like it....

"Stop looking at me like that! you're scaring the dog." I said seriously.

"We don't have a dog."

"And that's what's wrong with the us!"

"We're not getting a dog" my Aunt said crushing my hopes and dreams.

"But why!" I exclaimed stomping my foot like a child.

"I'm allergic if you've happened to forget!" she said putting her hands on her hips!

Oh. Right.

"Still not a good enough reason to not get a puppy."

"Alex!"

"Okay fine. I'll drop it!"

"Thank you" she exhaled.

"For now." I said cheekily.

"Ay Dios mio! Ayudame con esta niña!"

"You love me!" I teased

"I do" she said after awhile with defeat laced in her tone.

"Stop it Alex! I know what you're doing."

"Please explain to me what I am doing old wise one"

" Vieja tu abuela!"

"I'm so telling Grandma you called her old!" I said jokingly, but she didn't know that.

"No, please don't, I'll never hear the end of it!" she answered with fear.

"My lips are sealed."

"Thank you!" Aunt Rose said with a sigh of relief.

" Only if we get a puppy." I replied finishing my sentence.

"You're not going to give up are you."

"No Senorita!" I answered with a bright smile.

"As I was saying.... I know what you're doing." my Aunt said getting back to the discussion I was trying so hard avoid.

" And what is that exactly." I acted oblivious.

"You went out with Nathan last night and that's why you're such in a cheerful mood."

"Pshh what?! No! I'm in a good mood because of these delicious pancakes." I replied while putting a pancake on my plate.

"My pancakes are good, but not that good." she laughed.

"I beg to differ." I said taking my first bite.

They were astounding!

"You know what I think." She said wiggling her eyebrows.

" And what is that Aunt Rose." I said crossing my arms over my chest.