{seven}

-
One rule would always resonate in your house as a young fearless child that ran through the dandelion field with her father, giggling away.

Never speak of the past. The past is what as it says, so move on. Don't linger in something you can't change but rather embrace it and forget it.

Your mother never liked to speak of what people call the past after the accident, yet time is an illusion so technically there is no present. What you say will immediately be in the past and you'd already be in the future. If 'present' was real 'time' would have to completely stop.

So some things things in the past stay there, not to be spoken of.

That was the rule you lived by until Spencer and betrayal.

Once ones trust is broken it's hard to embrace and forgot because of the hurt that would possess you body from that moment on. Today as an adult somethings you do choose to leave in the past and forget, to never speak on them again as if they just never existed.  But you also like to bring in the grudge you hold on hurtful actions to shock someone.

You stared at yourself in the mirror planting a smile on your face and siding on your moonstone ring onto your pointer finger. You wore it every single day it was the only piece of the past those seized to exist today.

No case today just the usual paper weight, finally you'll be able to ask Spencer about his little thing against you.

Fellow agents greeted you when you walked into the bullpen buzzing with work and chatter. "Good morning y/l/n" Morgan smirks sipping on his cheap coffee.

"Good morning " you blew him a playful kiss. You continued your short journey to Reid's desk. His face was buried in a Russian novel unsurprisingly. You huffed a laugh that still didn't catch his attention so you snapped your fingers in front of his face. His eyes immediately shot up to meet yours.

"What y/l/n" he growled absolutely annoyed you disrupted his 'reading session'.

You scoffed, crossing your arms over your chest, "Why do you hate me so much? I walked in here on my first day and did absolutely nothing to you except start a new job!" it was true.

"Because y/n you walked in here in your first day and acted like you owned the place and you come from politics" he implied. Family from politics what's the even supposed to mean?

"What do you mean from politics!" you spat.

This was making no sense. It sounds like he is trying to make up an excuse for his unneeded hatred towards you because he has no logical reason. "Your mother comes from law"

"That has nothing to do with me. Okay listen how bout you find a real reason to hate me you walk over to my desk and say something. But for now all I see is that you intimidated by me because you can handle a little competition."

Spencer didn't say anything he just rolled his eyes and continued reading his book. What was with this guy like seriously.

Past stays in the past y/n.

-

Unlocking the door to your apartment. a white envelope with a red wax stamp fell down in your welcome mat. You new exactly what is was. You picked it up and threw it on the table.

Every year your mom and dad threw this party for family. Honestly you hated going every year, most of you family is judgmental and complains about your career choice. Than your mom brags about your achievements and hers. But you had to go no matter what so why did you get a invitation every year? You don't know.

The 'party' or family gathering would be taking place in a week. After you graduated you mom and dad moved back to your childhood home which means you would have to ether make the eight hour drive or pay $500 for a plane ticket and make it in an hour.

Well all you would be doing is smoking cigars and playing corn hole.

This is definitely going to suck. You pulled out your phone and scrolled down to Hotchs contact.

"SSA Aaron Hotchner" his deep voice stared through the phone. He had such a professional way of things it made you giggled most of the time.

"Hey Hotch its y/n-"

"Oh! What can I do for you" his stern voice turned soft. Spencer was right...you have Hotch reigning at your feet.

"I was wondering if I could have the next week off- some family stuff came up" this would give yourself time to mentally prepare for your cousins and grandparents. You don't mind seeing your own parents it just that sometimes it's too much to handle.

"Yes of course"

"Thank you so much Hotch"

"Your welcome now get some rest and see you next week" he hung up the phone right after not giving you time to say goodbye.

This is going to be a mess.

-

What is with me and short chapters
🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒♥️♥️♥️♥️🐒🐒🐒