prolouge

Hello ^^, This is a colab fanfic between me and @Irishpixiedust, She is also responsible for have written this awesome intro chapter...and I hope ya'll like it! :D 

- - - - -- - - - - - - -

Niall P.O.V

The worst day in my life was finding out I was moving back to Ireland. My parents had just split up and my mother thought it was best to move my brother and me back to Ireland with her. Ten years later and mum was finally moving us back to our home Holmes Chapel. Of course Greg was not happy with moving back, to my brother Ireland was home it always would be but it wasn’t for me. I could never tell my mum why Ireland never became my home to me it was like something or someone was missing. Mum always thought it was my yearning to have my dad in the picture but I knew it wasn’t my dad, it was something that I knew was waiting for me back in Holmes Chapel and I couldn’t wait to return. Ten years away from my home and it felt like centauries but it had only been ten years. Ten years of never having proper friends only having people around to not be alone. Ten years of hoping that mum would turn around and say “Guess what Niall we are finally going home!” The day finally came on my birthday just after I had blown out my candles, ten years of wishing the same thing and it finally came true.

That day had been like any other school had just started back and I was glad to get home after a busy day. Unlike other years I didn’t want anyone over for food and cake to celebrate my birthday, this year something felt different so I told mum I just wanted it to be me, her and Greg. After having my favourite dinner Greg and I went in to watch tv while mum got the cake, she wouldn’t let us help. She told me to close my eyes as Greg began to sing Happy Birthday. I opened my eyes as soon as I knew she was in front of me. I smiled at her as she told me to make a wish and blow out the candles. I knew she knew she what I wished for as I closed my eyes and wished once more “I want to go home to Holmes Chapel.”  I opened my eyes slowly and saw mum holding out a card. “Just something small Ni darling.” Mum said sounding unsure. I nodded and opened the card and a ticket fell out. It was a one way boat ticket to the UK. I looked up towards her with a questioning look. “We are moving back to Holmes Chapel Niall.” She said waiting for my reaction and I froze. I couldn’t believe it I broke. I broke down and began to cry and soon enough I felt my mum’s arms go around me. “Thank you Thank you so much” I said in between tears.

We packed up all our belongings and began the move back to our home. My left two days later with most of our things while Greg and I were to go in his car by boat. A week later Greg and I left Ireland behind us to start the long journey back to Holmes Chapel, I was sorry to say goodbye to Ireland but it was never truly my home. Because we were travelling overnight we got to sleep on the boat and in my case have vivid dreams. All night I was haunted by what seemed to be memories. No memories to cause pain no these memories were only ones of longing and for what I wasn’t certain but the longing got worse the nearer we got to the UK. I awoke after only an hour of sleep and realised I was crying, not small tears but streams of tears were falling from my eyes.

“Promise me you’ll come back! No matter how old we are. Promise you’ll come back to me?”

“Even if we are on our death bed, I promise I’ll come back and I’ll find you!”

Those two lines were going through my mind as I waited patiently for the boat to reach its destination. Four hours later Greg was beginning to wake up and I smiled widely as he looked towards me. “Just because mum decided to up root us again just because her little baby couldn’t deal with being away doesn’t mean the rest of us is happy Niall.” He said harshly. I looked at him shocked and then looked away quickly how could he say something so harsh? I walked slowly to the car followed by Greg and decided not to talk until we reached Holmes Chapel.

No sooner had we got off the boat and I had fallen asleep, Greg didn’t mind much he was probably glad not to have me to entertain. The two lines haunted my dreams the entire journey before Greg was shaking me awake. I rubbed my eyes slowly and looked up to see our home. My childhood home was in front of me. I quickly got out of the car and ran inside passing Greg and laughing as I busted in the front door. Mum quickly came to the kitchen doorway and I jumped into her arms. “Thank you mum you have no idea how much this means to me.” I whispered into her ear happily. Suddenly the door slammed shut and I pulled away from mum as I looked up at Greg. “Greg be careful of the door dear you might break something love.” Mum said to him before turning to go back into the kitchen. “No I will not mum. You moved us to another country because of him you knew I was happy in Ireland. We were all happy inn Ireland and he was coping.” He snapped. I looked at him gob smacked Greg knew how much I longed to return to here. “Greg we all moved and Emma is more than welcome to come over whenever she wants!” Mum answered. Greg looked at me and smirked in an evil way. “I hate you for making us come back here! When you finally do realise why after all these years you needed to return I hope they have forgotten all about you!” he screamed before running up the stairs.

I couldn’t stand to be there anymore I ran. I didn’t know where I was running to all I knew was I had to get away from Greg. It sounded like Greg knew what was the cause of my longing all these years and he wouldn’t tell me. I ran and ran until I found myself standing in front of a swing set in park. I smiled even though I didn’t feel like smiling. I sat down on the swing and looked around to make sure no one was around. I began to slowly swing higher and higher and decided to close my eyes.

“Just close your eyes and forget about all your problems I’ll make sure you stay safe.”

It was the same voice as in my dreams. What did it mean? Or who was it? All I could think of was I needed to find them. I didn’t know who I was looking for but as I swung higher and higher I felt for the first time in ten years safe and finally the calmness that comes with being at home.