Chapter 2

Niall P.O.V

The next day was starting my very first day of school in Holmes Chapel that I could remember. Mum usually had to be my alarm in the mornings and wake me up but this morning I was up before anyone in the house. Unlike most guys my age I was a fairly good cook and spent most of the time waiting for my mum and Greg to wake up by cooking breakfast. After finishing making pancakes, scrambled eggs and bacon Greg appeared at the kitchen door. “It doesn’t mean I forgive you for making her drag us here!” He mumbled before sitting down at the table and began to eat. Once I was finished eating mum finally arrived downstairs, she ate quickly and we were on our way to school. She dropped me outside the school and wished me luck; it was up to me to locate the principal’s office. I spent thirty minutes before school started talking to the Vice Principal, more commonly known as Mr Fitz by students he informed me. He spent a lot of time going over school rules and showing me where different classrooms were on a map of the school. As the first warning bell sounded giving you five minutes to get to class Mr Fitz sent me on my way to English.

With my map in hand I cautiously made my way to the English classroom bumping into a few students on my way. Just as I was about to reach the classroom, I hit into someone extremely hard and fell onto the ground.  I looked up to meet a pair of chocolate brown eyes and I smiled shyly. “Sorry about that mate. Need a hand?” A friendly face said as he held out a hand to me. I took it shyly and got up. “Thanks” I whispered as I moved my hand away from his. “The names Liam… Liam Payne, you're new right?  What class do you have first” Liam said taking my schedule from behind my map that was in my hand. Before I could even answer him he was looking at my schedule and nodding his head. “You’re in English with me first, come on let’s go!” He said taking my arm and guiding me through the remaining hallways. Before I knew what was happening next we were standing in front of the teacher’s desk. “I Best stay up here and introduce myself to the teacher Liam, I’ll talk to you later, thank you!” I said as the teacher looked up at me and Liam went to his seat. 

Mrs Henderson introduced herself to me and told me what exactly we were learning in her class. She told me to introduce myself to the class before taking the seat beside Liam at the back at of the class. I nodded and gulped nervously as the final bell rang to signal the beginning of class. I looked around the full classroom par two seats and gave my fellow classmates a nervous smile. “Hi everyone my name is Niall and I am a new student here.” I said and gave them all one final nod before walking to the back and taking a seat. Liam gave me a reassuring smile before handing me a spare copy of the English book we were using this term. I whispered “thank you” as I smiled down at the familiar cover of Hamlet. Mrs Henderson got people in turn to read a few pages as the rest of us listened. Half way through the class and a girl called Jessica reading the famous “To be or Not to be” speech the door opened harshly. The room fell silent as a tall boy with a head full of curly hair entered the classroom quickly.

The classroom fell silent as Jessica stopped reading to look towards the door. “Mr Styles, care to explain why you are late?” Mrs Henderson asked and then sighed. The boy answered back in a fake angelic voice “Oh you know the usual, finding homes for homeless animals.” This back talked received a few giggles from the girls in the class. “Take your seat Mr Styles!” Mrs Henderson replied strictly. The boy was then I presumed was walking to his seat, I looked back down at the book. I heard someone clear their throat and say “You’re in my seat!” I looked up and saw the curly haired boy staring at me; I nodded and moved to the empty seat the other side of the one he was in. The rest of the class I spent my time listening to the words of my most favourite play. As soon as the bell rang Liam was beside me and we walked to our next class. Before I knew it, it was lunch time. Liam and I sat at a table getting to know each other and eating while bonding.