Chapter 3

SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE!! <3

-----

Tuesday morning...

-Harry POV-

Harry had gotten up extra early that morning just so he could accompany Niall to school since they after all were neighbors. There was a little tingly feeling in his gut that he recognized as nervousness. Was he really nervous? He hadn't really felt nervous in a long time. It was most likely cause of the bet, I mean 500 £ was a lot of money, money that Harry didn't have.

Anyway, there he was, eying the door from where he stood out by the sidewalk, waiting for Niall to walk out of it.

The door opened after a few minutes and Harry glanced up from his phone where Louis had sent a cheeky morning text and Niall's back came into view. Niall was making a motion to fix his hair, followed by him hugging a woman, most likely his mother. Harry frowned, feeling a hint of recognition towards her, but he brushed it off. Niall proceeded in walking down the path, not seeing Harry yet. Harry looked down at his own clothing, making sure he looked good in his for once clean and appropriate clothing and then looked up at Niall again. He hoped it would make a t least a better impression than his hangover, not showered messy self he was on their first encounter.

“morning..” he smiled friendly, managing to capture Niall's attention who was humming happily to himself. He saw a faint frown that faded quickly when Niall seemed to realize who it was that talked to him and started smiling instead. Offering a “morning” back.

“Would you mind if we walked to school together?” Harry asked as he scratched his neck a little, wanting to appear a bit nervous.

Niall shook his head, “I don't mind, but I'm walking with Liam as well, you think he'll mind?” he asked back.

Harry knew Liam hated his guts so he would most surely 'mind' Harry's company. “wow..you two became BFF's quickly” he chuckled “and yes, I'm a hundred he'll mind my company...” Harry sighed, pushing his hands down his pockets.

Niall shrugged beside him “Not really, I mean, he's nice but I don't know him that well yet. He just asked me if we could walk together to school first, that's all...Now hurry or we'll be late!” Harry felt his wrist getting yanked away down the street as Nialls pulled towards the end of the street where Liam lived where he dropped Harry's arm, much to Harry's dismay...I mean, cause of the bet..

Harry pulled a smirk at him “I guess I'll have to be faster than little Liamy then..” he said with a amused tone as they stopped near Liam's house. “Liam haven't made plans with you for the coming two months has he?”

Niall looked up at him “Maybe you should ask me if you want to hang out then, that's kinda how it works isn't it?” he said before Liam came out from his own house and joined them.

Harry turned his attention away from Niall and sing songed “Heeeey Leeeyyuuumm!” loudly and overly happy. Then he turned his attention back to Niall “how about this weekend then?”..he asked with a cheeky smile plastered on his face.

Liam, who had been smiling wide when he spotted Niall waiting for him, instantly dropped his big smile when he saw who he was with.

Niall nodded quickly in response to Harry as he waved at Liam “Morning, hope it's ok if he tags along..” he motion towards Harry.

Liam plastered a fake smile on his face “Morning Niall!...Harry...and yeah of course, it's..fine” he almost gritted the last word through his teeth and the three began their journey to school.

As they walked Harry moved a bit closer towards Niall and shot Liam a mean glance as if to say “mine!” with his eyes. Harry knew Liam didn't trust him one bit, and it was confirmed with the hateful glare he shot back. Harry's eyes softened a second later though as he cleared his throat a little “so how are you settling in?”