Chapter 5

Harry sat by the window in the attic, but it wasn't his attic. Yet so familiar. Next to him was a bunn-cheeked boy with messy brown hair and sad eyes looking down at the street from the window view. Harry looked down at all the boxes on the sidewalk slowly being loaded into the truck.

”I dont want to leave Boo...” the brunette mumbled and you could see traces of both old and new tears down his rosy cheeks.

Harry didn't answer, he just nodded. He didn't know what to say to be honest, yet there was so much going through the 7-year old's head that he wanted to say.

“please say something...cheer me up, you're so good at that..” the brunette once again mumbled, this time turned to Harry. Harry looked back into the grey eyes belonging to the other boy. Those eyes were only grey when they were sad, Harry knew.. Harry quickly leaned in and pecked the other boy's lips. When he pulled back half a second later the unfamiliar, yet so familiar boy tilted his head in confusion.

“what was that for?..” He didn't sound sad anymore, much to Harry's joy.

“I asked mum why people kiss...and she answered that people kiss because they love each other” Harry giggled.

“but how do we know we love each other?” The boy asked and looked scared, as if he would be cursed if he got kissed by someone and it wasn't really love.

Harry shrugged “Mum also said that the one you love makes you feel happy...you make me happy, so I love you, and you'll be the only one I'll ever love” he giggled more

The other boy smiled wide, showing his slightly crooked teeth. “you promise?..”

“I promise...”

Harry's eyelids fluttered open, he felt cold. It was like there had been a weight lifted off his chest but he didn't like it, he liked that weight. It took him going out of bed and stretching his body to realize why it felt so cold and empty. Niall....Niall wasn't there, well no surprise since he said he was leaving early to go home.

Harry rubbed his forehead and went to take a quick shower, knowing he had some time before he had to meet up with the boys out on the street. When in the shower Harry cleared his head with thoughts. He just couldn't ignore his growing guilt over the bet...and the growing attraction....I mean interest he was getting in the blonde boy. There was just something about him that made Harry feel like an innocent little kid again. Though he rather just forget the years before Louis, they didn't contain much from what Harry could remember anyway, just blank spots in his timeline.

Harry finished his morning routine quickly and went to grab his keys, he was always last out of the house, knowing his mum left inhumanly early and Gemma didn't live at home. He noticed a little note by the keys on the kitchen counter, his mum usually left those telling him when she was coming home, if they needed anything from the store or they were having guests, which usually ended up being his grandma.

Hey Sweety,

I'll be home a bit later today so if you could start the dinner I'd appreciate it a lot!

And if you could buy some milk, you know where the money is.

Gemma called, saying she'll be back very early Saturday morning since she has a few days off from uni.

/Love mum

Harry smiled at the note, god how he had missed his sister. It felt like years since they met even though it was only 3 weeks and a bunch of phone calls ago. Gemma was his biggest moral support in life, always knowing what to say. To bad it was when she had to go to Uni that Zayn came along. Harry was sure Gemma would say something like “I don't care about what Louis thinks, Zayn is not a good influence on you!” but how couldn't he? Louis was his only friend...or well, Niall now as well, and he hoped it stayed that way. But still...Louis had made him happy again when they met, how could he just leave him because Zayn was “bad influence”.