Chapter 6: Loaded Gun

Daryl
Maya would hum the whole ride. She had a beautiful voice, I don't think she knew she was humming but no one protested, sometimes she would even sing some lyrics.

Wheels running fast down the one-eighteen,
Every kiss is sweater with some nicotine,
The little lightning underneath my seat
Oh yeah
The sun's going down like a sinking stone,
A dogs barking in the distance, imma throw him a bone
You got that look on your face, like something's gunna go wrong
Oh yeah
The way you look so good in the cotton dress there's just no telling what I'll do next
But one things for sure, it'll sure be fun
Stay away from my trigger imma loaded gun

When we finally arrived, I was disappointed. Sure I wanted to find my brother but I also wanted for Maya to sing some more.

"We walk from here." said Glenn. "I'm T-dog by the way." said T, hand extended, Maya grabbed it and shook.
"Maya." she smiled, she was forcing it, I could tell.

"So Maya I heard you beat up my brother." "Ummm... Yeah, it was sorta the heat of the moment I guess. Sorry."
"Naw we're cool, whatever he did he probably deserved it." she smiled a real smile, not like the one she gave T but just a relaxed care free smile.

"Yeah but it's probably my fault we're here right now." her smiled vanished.
"No that was completely Merle. All you did was put him in his place." I was acting weird like I had a high school crush or something.

"There's a walker to yer left." I said, I went to shoot it but she got it with her knife first. She grinned, remembering the first time she ever came to the camp.

I almost felt like I knew her.
But I didn't.
She walked of to talk with Rick, I think they came to Atlanta together but I wasn't sure, I'd haft to ask.

She still had the same close she had on when she'd got to camp, they looked like something you'd put on knowing there was going to be a zombie apocalypse. She also had a black backpack, probably full of useful stuff like weapons and supplies.

I couldn't keep my eyes off her, she was just so beautiful.

Stop

It's the apocalypse and your worried if your little crush like you back, it's pathetic.

'You're being a pussy!' if Merle were here that's what he would say.
'I ain't a pussy!' that's probably what I would say.

We'd find him soon, he's just locked up on that damn good for nothing roof.

"Hey Daryl?" asked Maya,
"Yeah."
"Nice crossbow." she smiled.