Chapter 8: The white van

Maya
We walked slowly, to afraid to get noticed. The walkers around us smelled as bad as skunk on a humid summer day, mixed in with wet dog, i guess you could call it the smell of death?

A walker started to sniff at Glenn's shoulder, with a panicked expression he quickly made a terrible, but enough for the creature, groaning noise that they tended to make.

I felt a drop of rain land on my shoulder, looking up at the sky I could tell it would last for a good hour at the least. My heart hammered against me chest, I could feel the fear starting to boil in my stomach, hell no! This really had to happen now! I screamed to the void that was my mind, where no one could here me. Of all the things to happen rain had to be the one thing. Hell lava would've probably been better.

I turned my head to face Rick, his face had an alarmed expression, it showed fear and worry and panic, all the things I could see in Glenn's face and my own.

A walker slowly started to sniff me, it's grey face scrunching up preparing himself to show down. I was able to jab my knife into the monster skull before he had the chance to take a considerable sized portion of my shoulder off.
That was it. All the other walkers knew we weren't one of them. They would be 'running' towards us as soon as they could drag there feet from the asphalt.

That's when I ran, I ran fast. Faster then Rick or Glenn, my long legs and training making me move quick and swift.
I ran until I got to a fence, it wasn't special, not to high, to to low. It wasn't enforced with special wires, it looked like something you'd see at a park or surrounding a school to keep stray dogs out.
So i did the rational thing and climbed it. Quickly, but not to quick that i was clumsy. I was never clumsy, ever.
I didn't need to turn around or stop running to figure it was Rick and Glenn that had the same idea or just decided to go along with my plan, because i could hear almost immediately after i jumped down the sound of the fence clanging against itself. It wasn't many growls that and hands banging against it, it was four hands, four feet and the occasional knee.
You slowed down a little, forgetting you weren't actually in charge sometimes.

"What are we doing?" I asked as the boys got closer. "Running!" Glenn passed by me almost out of breath. It was a good idea considering the fence was nothing special and the dozens of walkers were pilling on top of it, resulting in a loud scraping sound.

"Maya! Behind you!"

Ahhhhh cliff hanger!
Sorry its short i just wanted to update by the end of my march break, or 'spring break' as you Americans like to call it.
-Ange