Chapter 4: Atlanta City

Maya

"Hey you!" I said out of the car window, "You on the horse." He turned his head to look at me.

"Need a ride... officer?"

"I don't know you."

"You don't know anyone anymore, and with what I've learned in these days, is if someone offers you a ride you better take it."

"Were you headed?" He asked,
"Atlanta. Hear there's a refugee center."

"Alright then... just don't kill me." the man said, "What's your name?" I asked,

"Rick Grimes. You?"

"Maya Watch."

"You're gonna haft to take the back seat." I said, addressing myself to Laila.

The sheriff, Rick, got into the front seat, Laila was now in the back. I could feel her dagger glares towards me and Rick. She loved the front seat.

"We'll be in Atlanta soon." I said, the conversation didn't carry on from there, it was just...silence, the hole ride.

------one car ride later-------

"We walk from here." I say.

I started walking beside Laila, Rick in front of us.
"Hey sheriff boy! Do you have any weapons?"
"Yea... I have this pistol, nothing else."
"How many rounds?" Asked Laila,

"Just six."

"Let's hope you're a good shot." He smiles a wide smile.

The city was deserted a few dead every here and there. Rick turned a corner only to find a pack of dead.
He made hand signals to go in the opposite direction.

"The tank!" I yelled

We all ran the direction of the tank but we were cut of by another pack of dead.

I took out my throwing knifes and killed about half a dozen dead in front of me. When I was finished, I was completely covered from head to toe in blood.

"Wow." I heard Laila say running up to me, Rick on her heals. "That's a lot of walkers." We tried getting away from them in anyway way we could.

"Walkers. I like that."

"Tank..." I said, but suddenly a Asian boy came from a corner and made hand signals for us to go to him. There was a walker about to bite his neck but Rick shot it right on the spot.

The walker came quickly from the corner, Laila, Rick and I ran to the Asian boy probably for our lives.

"Glenn," He said,
"I'm Rick, that's Laila, and she's Maya." he said while running.

Glenn quickly brought us to a ladder.
Once we were safely on a ledge Glenn spoke.

"Nice knives." I glared at him, he quickly backed off.

As a walker started climbing up the ladder, we caught our breath. We all looked up to were the rest of the ladder was.

"Bright side... It'll be the fall that kills us. I'm a glass half full kind of guy."
Glenn started climbing up the ladder then Laila, Rick, then me.

"You're the one barricaded the alley?" asked Rick,
"Somebody did. I guess when the city got overrun. Who ever did it was thinking. Not many geeks get through."

"Back there why'd you stick your neck out for us?" said Rick,
"Call it foolish naive hope, and if I'm ever that deep in shit creek somebody might do the same for me. Guess I'm a even bigger dumb ass then you." said Glenn, We started going down stairs until 2 out of 4 dead came for us.

"I'm back, got guests, plus 4 geeks in the alley." The walkers came faster now, I was just about to get out my knife until a door opened and to men with baseball bats came forward and started hitting them repeatedly until they lay motionless on the ground.

"Let's go!" yelled Glenn, we entered a room, the back of a departement store I guess.

"Son of a bitch, we gotta kill you." said a blonde woman pointing a gun at Ricks face. I took one of the guns I had from my pack and aimed it at her head.

"You shoot I shoot."
"Back off, both of you."
"Come on Andrea leave em." said a black woman with a tie in her short hair.

"Your kidding me right? We're dead because of this stupid asshole." she said,

"You seem to be forgetting the gun I have to your head."
"Andrea! I said back the hell off!"

"Or pull the trigger..." I added. She finally pulled the gun away from Ricks head.

"We're dead all of us because of you..." said the girl I'm guessing was Andrea. "I don't understand." said Rick.

"Look we came into Atlanta to get some supplies. You know what the key is to surviving, sneaking in and out. Not shooting up the streets like it's okay corral."

"Every geek for miles around heard you popping off rounds." said the only black man.

"You just rang the dinner bell." said Andrea,

"Get it now?"