Chapter 32 - Jeff

If it wasn't because I knew this asshole would be attending the reunion, I would've dragged Liv and made love to her countless times in my room at Roderick Hotel. But Joey already told me that Bernard Ortega would come to this reunion. I don't know how Joey found this information, but it looks like I have an intel at my back. It took Joey only half an hour to find out whether this asshole will come to the reunion or not.

I put my hand protectively around Liv. By the way did I tell you that she is fucking beautiful today? She looks so good in her hot pink trench coat. My hand is itchy to take her coat off and have my way to her body.

And.. I feel like a normal human with her. She treats me as her boyfriend, a normal human being. Unlike in New York. I feel like everyone is watching me like a hawk. Ready to find my mistake, yet ready to please me. What kind of life is that?

I turn around and my eyes lock with the man in question. Bernard Ortega, Liv's ex, not only ex boyfriend but also ex fiance. A man she almost married. He has a pretty face, lean body but not too tall. But his eyes are haggard. Maybe he could hear all the whispers from their friends, telling how sorry they are for Liv, how happy they are that Liv has found another man who is better than Ortega, which is me. And how most of them lost contact with him since the wedding. After all, Liv told me Mr Miller invited almost everyone to their wedding, and it was a shit show.

"Hi Liv," Ortega comes forward a bit to us. I realized everyone is trying to busy themselves even though their eyes are on us.

Liv smiles at him a bit. "Hi Bernard."

He nods and looks at me, waiting for Liv's introduction.

"Jeff, this is Bernard. Bernard, this is Jeff, my boyfriend," Liv says nicely.

Bernard looks at me a tad bit too long and finally thrust his hand. I shake his hands. "Hi I'm Bernard Ortega."

I nod a bit. "Jefferson Goldreich," my voice is a bit cooler than friendly.

"Do you live in New Jersey?" Bernard asks me.

"No, New York."

"Ah.. I see. Liv.. um.. how was Swiss?"

"Nice. It's a nice place. I met Jeff there," Liv says, I'm sure she is also aware with all eyes looking at us.

Bernard nods a bit.

Silence...

"Um.. if you excuse us," Liv gestures for us to go. Bernard nods and we leave. "That's not bad," Liv breathes once we are far away from Bernard.

I chuckle. "You are too nice, Liv. No one will blame you if you spit on his face."

Liv chuckles. "It's not that I don't want to. I temp too, really. But.. It was in the past, and you know what is the most important thing?"

I look at her.

"Thanks to him and Hayley. So I have a chance with you, You are my future Jeff, I prefer to cherish my day with you rather than living in hatred," Liv whispers and touches my face. Her smile is so enchanting, This is the woman who can let go of the past and pursue her own happiness.

I smile and kiss her palm. "I love you, Liv."

She kisses my mouth so softly. "And I love you. I have you, Jeff. That's more than enough. Not even the past can take my happiness, my future from me."

Damn, I'm so proud of her. Her story about her epic failed and the way she handled it already made me amaze with her. But now.. the way she envisioned her future makes me adore her even more. People are usually busy with their wailing and complaining why this world isn't fair, but Liv.. she keeps doing her best. Fuck with the unfair and this world. She learned from the day she was born, every kid has their mom while she doesn't have one. And later she learned how her dad never was there for her. She overcame everything and became the great woman that she is now. Really, don't judge a book by its cover. Liv may be a petite, sweet woman, but she is stronger than anyone. And damn.. I'm so proud of her that I feel it goes straight to my desire to claim her.