Side Chapter: Nepgear's Device

Y/N was hanging out in the living room, playing with his phone. He was checking out the apps as Neptune was currently playing a single player game.

Neptune: "Why can't I beat this boss?! Did the developers rig the game in some way? I'm going to send a complaint about making this too difficult. I mean it's the second boss."

Y/N: "It's Souls of the Dark. It's supposed to be hard and challenging. I hear it's pretty fun though."

Neptune: "Well, if it's so fun, why don't you try it? Then you'll see how it's rigged."

Y/N: "Alright, I will."

Nepgear entered the room.

Nepgear: "Hey, Y/N. Hey, Neptune."

Y/N: "Hey Nepgear, how's it going?"

Nepgear: "It's going great. I came here to see if you can do something for me."

Y/N: "Sure. What is it?"

Nepgear: "Remember that I mentioned my invention earlier?"

He nodded.

Nepgear: "Well, I'm almost finished with it. But I'm missing a few components to make it work. I was wondering if you can go and buy them for me."

Y/N: "Sure, I can do that. Guess it's going to have to wait, Neptune."

Neptune: "I'll be here. Repeatedly dying from this boss."

Y/N: "I'm sure you can do it."

Nepgear: "Here's a list of what I need."

She gave him a paper and Y/N read through it.

Y/N: "Alright, be back Nepgear."

She smiled in response.

Nepgear: "Come find me in my workshop when you're done."

Y/N got up and was leaving the Basilicom.

Time skip

Y/N was currently walking in the city, searching for stores that have the items from the list.

Y/N: "Okay, where can I find these things. I should have asked Nepgear where I can buy this stuff. Oh well, maybe I can try my luck in that place."

He saw a shop that sells techs and machines. Y/N was about to head in until.

???: "I found you!"

Y/N turned around and was surprised when he saw a short girl with red hair in front of him.

RED: "So you must be that guy with the sword key, Y/N."

Y/N: "You know about me?"

Red: "I've been looking you when I heard about someone doing quests with my CPU wifeys. I saw you when I saw you, Compa and Iffy fighting those monsters."