23

the best type of love is the one we have

jirin paced back and forth in the library of her university, where she had been hiding for the majority of her free time. the goal was to avoid both doyoung and jaehyun, which wasn't possible at home where doyoung lurked around in random corners and jaehyun followed her around.

felix sat with his head on a closed textbook, his face slightly smushed to the side since he had napped for an hour in that same position. 

his eyes followed jirin back and forth until he got dizzy and he sat up, "STOP!" he screamed out of nowhere, making jirin jump.

"felix what on earth," jirin asked but chose to finally sit down.

"what is going on and why are you dragging me into the library with me everyday. i don't like it here there are so many books man," he complained.

jirin shushed him, "shh, i'm going through a crisis."

"and i'm being held hostage by my best friend."

jirin smacked his arm and sighed dramatically, "what do i do?"

felix propped his chin into his hands and blinked cutely at her, "why don't you tell me the drama and i'll solve it for you."

"well... so basically my boyfriend was being mean to me out of nowhere and then he decided to cheat on me. and then i found out that my father accidentally killed jaehyun's in a surgery and jaehyun killed my dad for revenge," she let out all in one breath and smiled ironically at the end.

felix blinked, "well, um, that sure is a dilemma," he chuckled nervously.

jirin raised an eyebrow, "i thought you said you would solve it for me?"

felix opened his textbook and pretended to flip through, "how to tell a healthy lung from a smoker's lung..." he started reading out loud from a random page. this earned him a smack on the head.

jirin looked at her phone for the time and sighed again for the umpteenth time that day, "it's already 10, i should get home before the boys start worrying. i can't believe taeyong set a curfew for me."

felix chuckled, "see you tomorrow jirin, just talk to doyoung and figure things out. i'm sure there's an explanation because doyoung loves you."

jirin pressed her lips together for a grim look, she was more concerned about jaehyun potentially slashing her throat or something if he found out the truth. 

when jirin stepped into the living room of the massive house, the lights instantly clicked on and taeyong sat with his arms and legs crossed in the middle of the couch. he had on his fluffy pajamas and was attempting to look intimidating by glaring at her but his fluffy hair and the pouty expression wasn't helping. 

she chuckled, "i know i'm late, i'm sorry i was with felix so i was safe."

taeyong sighed and opened his arms wide to hug the girl, "you know you're like my little sister right? if anything happens to you i won't know what to do," he told her as he hugged her tightly.

jirin nodded and patted his head, "are they asleep?" she whispered and taeyong knew who she was referring.

he knew why she was avoiding doyoung, but had no idea why she had suddenly been disappearing at the sight of jaehyun. before he could tell her that jaehyun was in fact, not asleep, the boy trudged into the living room and narrowed his eyes at his leader.

"why are you hugging?" he asked and taeyong rolled his eyes.

"i wouldn't like jirin like that even if she was the last female on earth," he said to tease her.

jirin stuck out her tongue to mock him, "likewise."

she then seemed to realize that jaehyun was there and was thinking of an excuse to escape when jaehyun extended an arm towards her to give her a few papers. 

"w-what is this?" she asked.

jaehyun gave her an odd look, "it's your profile for the gang. i was going through them today and i noticed that you don't have your parents written down. here's a pen- by the way, where have you been these days?"

jirin eyes widened and her hand shook as she struggled to write down the names, "l-library," she managed to get out.

her eyes traveled to taeyong after she wrote down her father's name, and he looked down only to see a name that would surely send jaehyun into a rage. he snatched the papers before jaehyun could and stood up, "i'll take these, i have paperwork to do tonight. you two go to sleep. sleep tight jirin," he said and hurried off before jaehyun could protest.

jirin also ran away before jaehyun could ask her anymore questions, leaving the boy standing alone and extremely confused.

~

"this is serious, i wouldn't call you here for nothing," taeyong said.

doyoung scoffed, "you said that everyday for the past- i don't even know- and all you did was lecture me about jirin."

"yes, because you're an idiot and even though you actually didn't cheat on her you don't have the guts to woman up and set things right with her," taeyong said.

"woman up?"

"yes because men aren't shit," taeyong said and tossed doyoung a piece of paper.

it was jirin's profile, now complete with her parents name. her father's was written especially in a hurry, the ink wavy as if she was shaking while holding the pen. 

doyoung's eyes widened, "he-"

taeyong shushed him, clamping a hand over doyoung's mouth, "not so loud you idiot. you know how violent jaehyun can be when he gets angry, we can't let him know right now."

"he's gonna have to know someday," doyoung protested.

"yes but not now, jirin needs to tell him herself," taeyong said.

doyoung sighed, "i'm going to go check on her," he said and left taeyong's office to go to the girl's room.

he stepped in silently, smiling at the figure of the sleeping girl cuddled against her army of stuffed animals. he came closer and moved a bunny to the side. before he set it down he stared at it, amused at why she bought a bunny with such a funny expression. he traced the bunny's slanted eyebrow and put in on the other side. he sat down where the bunny had been and stroke jirin's hair.

she turned immediately to his touch in her sleep and even smiled slightly as her hand reached out to hold his. 

almost crying of happiness on the inside he leaned down to kiss her forehead before placing a sticky note on her bedside table.

come to my room when you wake up