00

and so it was like deja vu. they stared into each other's eyes full of a mixture of regret, wistfulness, and remembrance. 

yoo jirin frowned as she looked at him, his face betraying no acknowledgement of their past together. she felt a lump in her throat as he stared down at her coldly. 

he was the one that left her for the gang, and now he was acting like she was the one that left him. she vowed to act like their history never happened either. two could play at that game. 

but could kim doyoung stay so indifferent to the only girl he ever loved?

~flashback, 1 year ago~

"good morning, bunny," jirin kissed doyoung's forehead lightly as he woke up, eyes scrunching against the bright light coming from the window.

he smiled as soon as his eyes adjusted and he saw his beautiful girlfriend sitting in front of him on the bed, one hand holding a plate full of pancakes.

he sat up immediately and opened his mouth, making ahh noises so that she would feed him.

"oh you're such a baby," she said as she cut up a piece of pancake and fed him. 

doyoung chewed happily, "do you have class today?"

jirin nodded as she handed him the plate of food and grabbed her tote bag and laptop from the desk that they shared. she checked her makeup in the mirror one last time before giving her boyfriend a quick peck on the cheek, "i have an exam today, i'll see you at the restaurant.

today was their one year anniversary and doyoung had made a reservation at their favorite restaurant in advance.

as the clock ticked to 5:00, he sighed and pulled on his signature leather jacket over his black turtleneck. 

a tear fell down his cheek as he remembered the conversation he had with taeyong a few days ago. 

taeyong had told him to either have jirin join the gang or to break up with her. it was, of course, for her safety when doyoung made the decision to agree to break it off. he didn't want her near the 9 boys in the gang and it would be too dangerous for someone as delicate as her.

her future was so bright, and he didn't want her to throw it all away by joining a gang. 

jirin was everything any girl could ever hope to be. she was stunningly beautiful and came from a rich family. her father was a doctor and the director of yoo hospital, the top medical center in korea.

she had such an elegant and soft aura around her, that people often stopped to just look at her when she walked past. she managed to even look expensive when wearing sweats.

she was just as beautiful on the inside as she was on the inside. doyoung had often said that she was too kind for the world, and now that he was going to have to say goodbye to her, he believed his words more than ever before.

doyoung stepped into the restaurant and smiled back at jirin, who was already seated at their usual table. her doctor's coat was draped over the back of the chair and she was still in her scrubs from her practical exam at school.

as doyoung sat down, she looked at him apologetically, "sorry, i couldn't go home and change. i don't look too good right now."

her soft voice was like music and doyoung laughed almost wistfully, she looked beautiful regardless. 

their dinner was eaten in the usual manner, jirin telling him about her day at medical school and him filling her in on the boys from the gang.

of course jirin knew that he was a gang member, a part of nct. she didn't mind, in fact, she had met all the boys and they were all friends. 

doyoung stopped walking when they were in front of their shared apartment. jirin noticed his luggage in front of the door and she looked at him in surprise as he hand slipped out of her grasp, "are you going on a mission?" she asked innocently.

doyoung took a deep breath mentally before looking her in the eyes, forcing his voice to harden and his eyes to glare at her. it hurt him to do so, but he had to do it for her own good.

"let's end things jirin."

jirin blinked, "this isn't funny doyoung."

doyoung rolled his eyes and she felt as though someone had taken all the air in the world away.

"why?" she asked in that melodic voice of hers.

"i'm tired," was the only explanation that doyoung gave as he wheeled his luggage away. 

HELLO HEH. I'M EXCITED TO START THIS BOOK SINCE OF BEEN SIMPING OVER DOYOUNG AS OF LATE.

please be active reader and vote and comment! :)