The Hunt

-Lance POV-

I felt something wrap around my waist as I floated. I couldn't even think before I was pulled under. I couldn't quite make out what it was that had gotten me, but I was positive that there was a tentacle wrapped around me. My body was aching from pushing the ships to shore, but I have to push through it. I turn towards the beast and swung my staff into direction. I was slammed into the ground causing a massive cloud of dust in the water. It's grip loosened and I managed to get out. I pushed myself to the surface, then I pushed myself with enough power to send me flying to the shore.

I braced myself for impact, but the Jarl managed to catch me. "Are you ok boy?" He asked.

I nodded as he set me down. "I'll survive. There's something down there, I didn't get a good look at it, but it's definitely hurt." I said before collapsing to my knees.

He nodded. "Our warlocks aren't in the city right now. Do you think you can handle it?" He asked.

I groaned in pain as I stood up. "I'm gonna need more payment for dealing with this, but I think I'll manage." I said.

I raised my staff above my head then slammed it on the ground like a club. "Godly force, squash!" The water above the beast was moved out of the way, reveling a giant squid. It was pushed into the ground with amazing force, but the force disappeared soon after.

One of the squids tentacles rose from the water and almost wrapped itself around me, but a bolt of lightning fell from the sky and struck it. I sighed. "Thank Merlin, she woke up." I said.

The Jarl looked around in confusion. "Who?" He asked.

I pointed up at Astrid who was floating above us. She was holding the hammer, but it was crackling with electricity. "Astrid." I said as I sat down.

I used my power once again to clear the water above the beast. Astrid reeled the hammer back and swung with all her might. A huge bolt of lightning fell from the sky and hit the beast directly, killing it within a few seconds.

She descended and landed beside us. She was breathing hard. "That- that takes a lot out of you." She said.

I nodded. "With great power, comes a great toll. See you tomorrow." I said before giving in to unconsciousness.

I woke up on the bear skin rug in the longhouse. I heard people singing and laughing loudly. I groaned and sat up. "It's too loud." I said. I scratched my chest and yawned. I suddenly remembered what happened. I looked around to see the longhouse was filled with guards, but their helmets were off and they were having a good time. I realized I wasn't wearing a shirt, just my pants. My staff was still in my hand though.

A girl walked over, she was about the same height as Astrid and her hair was the same color, but she wasn't wearing a helmet. Her skin was fair, and she was absolutely beautiful. She held out a mug for me to take. "It's about time you woke up." She said with a smile. She sounded exactly like Astrid.

I did a double take. "Wait, Astrid?" I asked in a mixture of confusion and drowsiness.

She laughed a little. "That's me. What? Did you think I wore my helmet all day everyday?" She asked.

I shrugged. "I don't know, you just didn't take it off before." I said tiredly as I tuck the drink.

She nodded with a smile. "Well, I don't. Come on, enjoy the feast." She said as she held out her hand.

I nodded and took her hand. She pulled me to my feet. "So, I can eat anything that isn't already on a plate right?" I asked.

She nodded. "Yep, just find an empty plate." She said.