Yours

I stared at the ring on my finger, anxiousness bubbling in my throat. The lively restaurant was buzzing with life and laughter and it filled me with a sense of confidence. That’s when he appeared in the doorway, his brown curls like a halo around his head, his green eyes searching until they found mine, when they lit up. He walked to me, carrying a bundle of full, red roses in his cautious fingers, a red ribbon tied around the healthy green stems. He handed me the precious bundle and kissed me lightly on the cheek. I felt my stomach flip when I remembered what I had to break the news to him about.

“Hey, so I meant to ask you something.” I said in a shaky voice after he had sat down. He looked at me with his eyes focused on me, searching to hear my every word. I gave a faint smile and stared at my fingers where I twisted the diamond ring around and around my finger. “So I know that the wedding is a little far away, but, um… we have another guest we need to… invite.”

“No problem. Who?” He said with a smile playing at his lips. I didn’t smile back at him. I stared at him, waiting for him to make the connection. His eyebrows scrunched together tightly, deep in thought. Then his eyes suddenly went wide, and they slowly drifted from my face to my skinny belly, then slowly again back up to my face. His eyes were still wide with shock, so I gave him a weak smile. He stood up quickly, rubbing his face with his hands. I stood up and moved to his side, ready to comfort him, but he quickly grabbed my wrist and said softly, yet harshly, “It’s okay. If we hurry we might be able to make it to the clinic—“

“No!” I nearly shrieked, pulling my hand away from his fist. Everyone stared at us, the mood ruined, but that didn’t stop me. “You will not hurt our baby.” The air around me grew thick as I waited for him to respond. Everyone was dead silent.

“You mean your baby.” He said with a cold, harsh tone. My heart fell through my ribcage and smashed to a million pieces in my stomach, every shard threating to impale me. He turned quickly, grabbing his coat, and without another glance, disappeared through the door. The talking resumed, but it was filled with pity for the unengaged pregnant girl clutching a beautiful bundle of roses.

// hey, ya'll. It would be amazing if would vote and leave me comments and suggestions for future chapters. (Hopefully the story is starting to piece together for you). Love you guys. 

-Terra