End

//Hey ya'll. So really funny story: I had finished this last chapter and I was so excited that I was finiahed that I forgot to publish it. Whoops. Sorry Loves. Please forgive me. //

It was almost an hour after I had given birth to her, and I waited anxiously for the nurse to bring her back to me. My mother was there, sitting in the corner next to a vase of roses she had brought me. My father had recently moved out and away and he refused to come down and meet his granddaughter when my mother called him. My older sister was here as well, and was currently at the foot of the bed painting my toes a bright red, her husband at her side, talking to my mother about his job as a lawyer.

I was twisting the diamond ring on my finger nervously when there was a knock on the door and the nurse walked in. She handed me a pink bundle of blankets gingerly and I took it from her overenthusiastically. When I saw her face, a smile exploded on my lips.

“What are you gonna name her?” I heard the nurse say beside me. I could feel all of the other eyes turn on me as they awaited my answer. My eyes landed on the vase of bright red roses and I let out a small laugh.  

“Rose.” I said, looking back at her pale face, tears trying to escape my eyes, “I’m gonna name her Rose.”