Purple

My dad sat in the wooden chair in the corner of the room, his hands resting on the table in front of him. My mum, on the other hand, flitted around the room, touching everything along with offering her opinion on anything she disliked. She reached for my glass and I flitted back over to me. “You still have this old thing?” She said a smile turning in the corner of her lips. I nodded and she put it back on the windowsill. “So what did you want to tell us?” My dad looked up and gave me a curious look.

I felt awful, sort of like that dizzy feeling moments before you hurl. “Just get to the point.” I told myself. That’s when it just came out, like I had no control over my own body anymore. “I’m having his baby.” But I instantly regretted it.

 My dad put his head in his hands, but my mother, she froze, a smile still on her face. She wasn’t breathing and she soon started turning purple. I could see her shaking slightly as well. But before she could pass out, my dad stood and walked out the door, which snapped her out of her trance. She breathed out loudly the breath she was holding and stared at the white tiles on the floor. I felt tears welling up in my eyes, but before I could say anything, she was out the door as well. I flinched when I heard it slam.