S1 E1: Pilot, Part 2

Chief Karen C. Vick. Another poor soul who was given a terrible name. I call her KC because, despite her name, she's not a Karen. She doesn't deserve the crappy name she was given at birth. Lucinda on the other hand... 

The C is to remind me that she still a creature of mystery because no one knows her middle name. We met when Las first became a police officer. She had been an officer for the SBPD until she was promoted to interim chief. She thought I was so cute following around Las, and she became a secondary mother (Tertiary mother?). KC, like Las, has a hard outer shell. When she opens up, you can feel her warmth and kindness. 

I'm not sure why, but Las seems to hate this Shawn guy, so this won't be good. 

Apparently, my clairvoyance decided it wanted a turn on the "let's give her a headache" merry-go-round. 

KC's going to offer him a job on the McCallum case because she knows his father, a man named Henry Spencer.

For some reason, I seem to be more powerful today. Maybe it's because I'm finally going to be a productive human being like society wants. Are you happy now? 

*Looks at readers, and quickly turns away when I see them looking back*

*Clears throat* Moving on...

It's a suicide mission, but it may be worth it. I'm going to ask KC to give me a paying job. If she is willing to give it to a stranger, hopefully, she will extend me an invitation.

I've never asked for her help before because I didn't want to tell her I need help. I'm annoyingly stubborn(like Las), so asking for someone for help is and will always be out of the question. Except for today. 

Yes, it's hypocritical, but always aim to underachieve even my own expectations. It's amazing what you can't do once you set your mind to it.

Las, KC, Lauren, and Mona know I have my powers. They're supportive, but no one can know about it. I don't want to be experimented on. Even though it's fairly easy to lie and just say I'm just really good at guessing, I've seen enough movies to know shit will go wrong 100% of the time.

"KC, can I talk to you?" I approach the Chief hesitantly. This is nerve-wracking.

"Sure (N/N). What is it?"

"I was wondering if you could let me work on the case. With pay. I saw what you did with Shawn an-"

She interrupts me. "(N/N), I can't help you. If I'm not giving Spencer any money, why should I give you money?"

I hate to admit this to her since I haven't told Lauren or Las yet, but I'm were broke and going to be evicted if you didn't give the landlord the rent by the end of the week. Jackass. He's rich, he doesn't need another 500 a month. The dude's just a greedy cunt.

"I'm too far behind on the rent. If I don't give in my rent by the end of the week I'm going to be evicted." I whisper to her, hoping Las doesn't hear me. Seems luck is on my side today. He's too wrapped up in his bullshit with Lucinda to pay attention right now. I'm not complaining since it gets him off my back. 

Don't get me wrong, I love my tall, grumpy, Mr.Bean-shaped older brother, but he's way too integrated into my life. I'm not exaggerating. He has my credit card numbers, social security number, clothes (bra and panties included) sizes, and I'm pretty sure he assigned McNab to tail me.  Just sayin'.

Chiefie gives me a small apologetic look and nods.

I have a job. This is a good start.

*Fast forward brought to you by (insert catchy jingle here) myassislazy.com*