MAKING ALLIES

Posture straight. Breathe in. Smile. The same words repeated in her head to the training center. Apparently, Roman left without her and was already there. Classic. Juniper constantly debated mentally, about who she should become allies with. She took a deep breath and walked inside the room. Her nose scrunched in disgust when she saw one of the tributes vomiting on the sword fighting station. The girl strolled around the center and was soon met with a very angry Johanna who had been swinging her axe vigorously. Grunts escaped her friend's mouth. Johanna finished by slamming the axe to the floor and sending a smirk to Juniper.

"You look ready to kill some bitches," Juniper snickered and gestured to Johanna, engulfing her in a small hug

Johanna lets out a laugh, "So, how are you and Finnick?"

Juniper uttered a low "oh" under her breath, trying to conceal the red hue on her cheeks. "Well, I'm not sure what you're talking about. It's not like we're in a relationship. Has he spread rumors about us dating? What a bitch.... Do you have any idea where he is? Fu-"

"Shut the fuck up, I never missed your blabbering," Johanna sniggered as Juniper's cheeks grew extraordinarily vivid. June cleared her throat, fixing her posture. "Well um- I'll go get going. See you later Anna!" she teased and she skipped away from her

"Don't ever call me that again!" Johanna yelled at Juniper who turned around, sending Johanna a wink.

The training center was just like the girl remembered. Grunts echoed through the spacious room as June observed the stations closely. The stations included both combat and survival skills. Bright orange holograms flickered through the room. Racks of weapons such as spears, knives, and many more were placed throughout the area.

Juniper sauntered towards the plant station which was currently unoccupied. As Juniper scrolled past the plants, studying and memorizing each edible herb, the sound of footsteps trailed behind her. Juniper turned her head around to see a brunette wearing an unemotional expression. Katniss Everdeen.

"What a surprise to see you, Everdeen," Juniper chuckled. Katniss said nothing and shifted towards the plants. They stood beside each other, observing and reading each one. Katniss broke the silence and cleared her throat. June glanced at her for a second until she spoke up, "I erm apologize for ignoring you."

"It's fine, it's not a big deal"

"How are you and Peeta?" Juniper said, changing the topic. She noticed Katniss hesitating before answering.

"We're doing fine as always, I guess," Katniss concluded in a gloomy voice, earning a confused look from Juniper.

"Oh, did anything happen?" she questioned Katniss, curious of her tone she used

"I said we're doing fine!"

Juniper bit her lip, trying to control a laugh. She would sometimes laugh in a situation or when something sad happens. It was a terrible habit, but she sometimes couldn't control it. "Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed," the girl mumbled under her breath.