❁ Not Mad, Just Indifferent ❁

🎶 Yo, on some real things
I need somebody I could chill with
I need somebody I could build with 🎶

Chapter Nineteen

"They want me to what?"

"Yeah, man. It's crazy," Severin had agreed. "But that's what the girls want you to do. They want you to talk to Katari apparently."

Severin, Jordan Francis and DeVante were just outside of the beach house because Jordan Francis and Severin really needed to tell the guy something.

They were now right in front of a bar, and the guys had just told DeVante the news.

DeVante was sitting down with Jordan Francis being in front of him and Severin's arm was resting on Jordan Francis' shoulder.

"But... why?"

"I mean, I'm just going with what Solana told me, and Severin's just going with what I told him," Jordan Francis explained.

"Yeah I know that but I don't know why y'all want me to talk to Katari so bad," DeVante deadpanned. "You just said I should talk to her quickly but you didn't even say why."

Realising that DeVante was actually right about this, Severin and Jordan Francis had argued silently within themselves on who should have told DeVante the news.

Nah, you tell him JF.

No, you tell him.

No- you tell him.

Jordan Francis sighed, before making the conclusion that they should have both told him.

"Aight, DeVante," Severin had started. "Don't get mad but..."

Then they explained it.

Jordan Francis: Basically, the girls were playing a truth or dare game.

Severin: Yeah, and you know how there's spin the bottle?

Jordan Francis: This time there was spin the wheel, 'cause if there was a bottle then sand would have gone everywhere. No one wanted that.

Severin: Long story short, it had landed on Katari at the end of the day. She wanted a truth.

Jordan Francis: Shequoia, aka one of the hosts of the game, asked her if she had a man, and Katari lied and said yes.

Severin: Then Shequoia had kind of conceitedly asked some follow up questions even though she wasn't supposed to. She asked if Katari had a man at the retreat.

Jordan Francis: Then she lied and said it was you. Because think about it, Severin and I are in a relationship, and Katari didn't know anyone else. You were the first person at the retreat she thought of that was single.

DeVante seemed upset at the end of everything.

But that didn't mean he was upset.