❁ Have To See It To Believe It ❁

Dedicated to PuddieJackson & SCORPIIOSZN

🎶 I need a girl who's mine, all mine
I need a girl in my life 🎶

Chapter Thirty Six

Severin was right though, the day after what would have been Serayah's birthday party if she was still alive...

He had gone to DeVante's house, most especially how he hadn't been there in the longest time.

It was approaching four o'clock now, which was the time that Severin had promised himself he would have left DeVante's house to go to his cousin's bar mitzvah.

Severin wasn't even Jewish although his second cousin was.

"Dang, DeVante, I don't even remember the last time we had a day like this!"

They were currently playing Mortal Kombat on DeVante's PlayStation, on the floor.

As they were playing they were talking as well — not just that but they were listening to KISSTORY on the radio.

"I mean you were in jail for like three months, bro," DeVante had reminded him. "But yeah, man. I wish I had you around more."

Severin had wished the same thing.

His song was playing on the radio too so he had therefore asked DeVante to turn it up and he did.

They were singing dementedly as hell.

I got friends and you got friends
They hop out and you hop in
I look fly and they jockin'
The way you drop, drop
Makes me wanna pop

I got friends and you got friends
They hop out and you hop in
I look fly and they jockin'
The way you drop, drop
Makes me wanna pop

They had gotten even more crazy during the chorus, with DeVante making up a beat with his water bottle as Severin had sung.

Is yo man
On the floor?
If he ain't
Let me know
Lemme see if you can run it, run it
Girl indeed I can run it, run it

That verse was repeated and they stared laughing until they got serious.

Severin loved that song. It was also one of Serayah's favourites. Run It by Chris Brown.

"Severin, can I ask you something?" DeVante wanted to know after they had sung, turning the radio all the way down without Severin's consent.

He seemed pretty serious with Severin noticing this, and pausing the game.

"Yeah, man. You can ask me anything. You know you're my bro. You've been my bro for like five years now. What's up?"