❁ Why You Gotta Go So Low, Bro? ❁

Double update as promised
This is probably gonna be the longest chapter imma write but it doesn't matter 'cause here we are regardless!

🎶 I need a girl to ride, ride, ride
I need a girl to make my wife 🎶

Chapter Thirty Five

A week after Serayah's death and DeVante was at Severin and Layla Grace's house as they were throwing a party.

The unfortunate thing was the fact that Serayah's 26th birthday would have been the day after her funeral but no one was aware of this before.

So Severin wanted to do something to remember her by for the last time: even better, no one had to buy any presents for her because she was dead.

He was currently sitting down at a table by himself because he had to take a phone call, and after said phone call, that was when Jodeci had arrived.

"Come and talk to me- like Jodeci!" K-Ci had sang-yelled when he had arrived.

It had been ages since DeVante had talked to any of them properly, with all of them therefore greeting each other when thy had seen each other.

"Y'all didn't come last week."

"Dude, you know we barely knew Serayah like that. Only you did," Jojo had reminded him as they had all sat next to him. "Plus everyone at the funeral had to apparently give a eulogy about her. We wouldn't have known what to say."

True but they could have guest performed like Alicia Keys did, with DeVante bringing this up.

"We could have but we were crazy busy and I thought I told you this already." K-Ci had deadpanned, asking for a martini.

It had seemed as though ever since all three of them were in relationships, they barely had time for a Jodeci anymore.

Now DeVante here didn't mean this in a jealous way or anything. Of course he didn't.

He was just tired because it had really seemed as though he was the only one putting effort into Jodeci and he was becoming fed up.

The four of them literally hadn't talked to each other unless DeVante had initiated the conversation.

"I mean, what do you expect, bro?" Dalvin had asked him. "We're all in a relationship or married here except from you. And maybe if you had a girl too then you'd understand but you'd probably never get one."

Dalvin had inevitably received some dirty looks from both K-Ci and Jojo when he had said all of that... with Jojo even asking him why he had to stoop so low.

DeVante wasn't having any of this.

And he couldn't have been blamed either.

If they had all thought that he was taking this violation sitting down then they had another thing coming.

"I'm sorry, what did you just say to me?!"