Chapter 4

It had been three days and Toni wasn't over the conversation between her and Jason, but was glad to know that he wasn't a true friend. He didn't care about her feelings or what would happen to her, she talked to him as a friend and he pretty much laughed in her face.

It would have been easier to deal with if she had someone to talk to about it all. There are other people in her life, but Jason was her best friend. He knew everything about her except her new side that actually seems to have been hidden.

The house was spotless and smelled like air freshener, she spent hours window shopping that she wasn't stuck in the house without anything to do but to think about her problems. The plan was to splurge and buy whatever caught her eye, but that didn't work once at the store because she didn't know what she wanted or what would  be the best to try first. After hours of being out of the house for the last two days, she decided to go home and relax as much as possible as she waited for Amber to come back from her special trip.

Toni took a shower before she sat in bed with the television on playing cartoons on low. The laptop open and sat on her lap as she searched the web. That's when it hit her to check out a couple of places that her friend suggested. Her eyes were huge as she looked through page after page of stuff that she wanted and of course couldn't afford to buy all at one time.

Wow! She could spend hours just browsing and it actually had her smiling and feeling so happy as she looked at the things that she wanted to try. That's when she came across something that she knew wasn't an option of not purchasing; a large mystery box. There are different sizes depending on which company you buy from. She sat up straighter as she read each description that caught her attention.

As soon as she ordered the box, she sent a picture to Amber just to show her that she took the plunge and listened to some good advice. Now the only problem was waiting for the items to ship out and arrive; the status of her order would be checked daily until it got to her front door. patience wasn't her best quality.

Toni ignored her phone for as long as she could, but hated to her it ring back to back and through out the day. She took a deep breath and answered the phone knowing she was in for a tongue lashing.

"Where in the hell have you been? I have been calling you since yesterday and you refused to answer the phone or call me back. I am your mother and you should put me as your number one priority. Now, tell me what happened between you and Jason. I ran into him while he was picking up subscriptions for his mother."

The things that she was learning about herself, she thought maybe her mother was a little or abdl as well. Just the way she acted and whined about every thing in her life.

"I have been busy, mom. Jason decided that he wanted to work with someone else and I told him that I would step away after he paid me the money I put into that company and extra money for wasting my time and emotional damage. I don't understand why you always take someone else's side over your daughters. I am the one that needs you right now and you are worried about why I'm not friends with someone."

"I do worry about you and that's why I called to ask about you and Jason. We need to sit down and talk and I haven't seen you in a while. Let's do lunch this afternoon."

Toni didn't have anything to do but the last thing she wanted to do was spend the afternoon with her mom. They never got along for more than an hour and then it was time for her to leave; its been like that since she was a kid, but being an adult it was easier.

She walked into the living room to stand in front of her favorite window. It took a lot out of her when it was time to deal with mom. 

"We can set something up next week because I have a plate full right now. There's a lot that needs to get done before I can think about anything else. Mom, I got to go someone's calling on the other line. Love you, bye."

She quickly hung up the phone and plopped down on the edge of her chair as she stared at nothing. There was nothing that was going to change her mother, its been like that since she could remember. No one else could be happy if she wasn't on top of the world. The men that wanted to be with her changed their minds when they found out who she was.

Life was boring when there was no one to call or go visit and there was only so much window shopping a person could do. Jason would be the friend that she called to tell about her conversation with her mom or how she was feeling today, but that wasn't an option at this point. The only idea that came to her was to start doing some more searching, she wondered if there was a place where Amber went to chat with people. They happened to meet over a comment on a picture, which had nothing to do with DDLG/ABDL and they started chatting right away.

Right now she had an idea that of course, she wouldn't share with everyone but to be able to run it by someone. That would help her and this time, no one was going to be partners because she didn't want to lose again. It hurt that it happened with her best friend, but all the time and energy that she put into helping him hit her like a dagger in the heart. She held so many secrets for him and some that never came out because it would ruin his life and she wasn't going to tell anyone now, but she could. She defended him and let him come out on his own; not many people were friends with him when he was in middle school through most of high school.