Chapter 3

The last three weeks Jason has called and left messages since she refused to answer the phone. Her life was busier than when they were hanging out, she bought everything she needed including a sewing machine, which she was teaching herself how to sew clothes and other items. The first thing to learn was to sew a straight line and it wasn't as easy as it looked either. There a few steps to learn about the machine before getting started then being able to do the straight line along with other stitches that you would use. It took her a week to figure out which she would use more frequently.

The first blanket which made of two pieces of fabric basically and it looked horrible, she actually shed a tear at the same time she laughed at herself. It made her push harder to learn quicker and now was doing some great work and finally showed Amber one of her projects.

By the end of the month Toni made plans to start an online business where it would make her happy to be able to make others happy. The decsion was made when Jason screwed her over with working together and every time she looked for a onesie there wasn't many. The ones that she liked was ordered or already owned, so it made her start her own designs. 

It made her smile more as she sat around making things with light music playing in the background, it helped her forget about everything else and just work. Sometimes she wouldn't shut the machine down and go to bed until well after midnight, which with no job was okay. It just wasn't like her to sleep past seven in the morning and it never mattered if there was a reason or not.

It was a lot of hard work, but Toni was determined to make it on her own without anyone's help. No one can tell her that something doesn't work or that she wasn't going to be able to work. She took a deep breath as she shook her head and switched the light off as she walked out closing the door.

Her mind was running with many thoughts of what she could make and what she would wear. With a small smile she padded into the kitchen, pulled out her see through pink bottle and filled it with chocolate milk. On the way to the room she tried super hard not to take a sip, but made it half way down the hall before the temptation was to strong.

The giggle filled the quite house as she went into her room and pushed the door partly closed, the dim light from the bathroom lit up the hallway enough to get back and forth. The television was set on a timer that way it turns off after she has fallen asleep. If it's a hard night she turns that feature off because she can't fall asleep without it.

As soon as she pulled the thick white blanket back, she turned the television on and leaned back against the huge pillows. The bottle looked big in her small hands, with a smile she closed her eyes and took the second sip with her eyes glued to the cartoons. It wasn't long before her eyes felt heavy and it wouldn't be long before she was asleep. Toni didn't like to keep milk or juice in the bottles or sippy cups, pushing herself into more of a sitting position and tried to finish it before it was to late.

The next morning she woke with the bottle against her chest and it was empty. She smiled then stretched before throwing the blanket back, setting her feet on the floor. The sun was steaming through the window which always made her happy, it just felt warm inside and out.

Two new messages, one from Amber which she would text back immediately and the other was Jason and it was time for him to get the hint, their friendship was over. She told him how she felt and left it alone, but he has called and texted everyday since.

With a roll of her eyes she opened Amber's message and texted her, "I'm woke and ready to work. What are you doing?"

After cleaning her bottle out and taking a shower, she sat on the couch with a sketch pad and pencil. There was always so many ideas running around inside her head and she wanted to see what could be brought to life on paper; it could work for an idea.