The Journey

In her hands is a black frame with a picture inside of it. In that picture is the Cameron family doing the iconic breakfast club pose with Rafe being Claire Standish. Sarah lets out an airy chuckle before setting it in her bag.

Today is the day she's not looking forward to, but they all knew it was coming.

Luckily, they've been preparing for this for a while. Better safe than running around like a chicken with your head cut off. Sarah is currently finishing up packing so she doesn't miss her plane for Harvard in Massachusetts. She wants to be a lawyer or in Kiara's words: the next Elle Woods. The name is fitting if she doesn't say so herself.

Zipping up her suitcase, she saw a small brunette standing by her door. She's leaning against the frame with her right hand on her hip. She looked slightly glum.

"Oh, don't make that face, I'll be back for Christmas." Sarah assured, turning towards her.

"But it'll be boring without you."

"You hardly even hang out with me."

"Yeah, but I'll miss you yelling at me for stealing your clothes, and stuff."

"I promise you I'll be back."

"Rafe said the same thing and look where he ended up."

She took in a small breath not knowing how to respond. Wheezie has been given affirmation after affirmation but it seems none has held the sort of comfort they once did. Being told one thing and experiencing another causes great confusion on the inception of her dilemma whether to believe them or to stick it out and hope for the best.

¨Like I said, I'll be back.¨

Sarah opened her arms, greeting her for an embrace.

"C'mere sneezie,"

She leaned off the frame and walked her way. She returned it, hugging her around the waist and burying her head in her chest.

"I'm gonna miss you." She mumbled.

"You have my number, call me anytime."

"Promise you'll answer then?"

Sarah leaned her head on hers, hugging her tighter.

"Promise."

They stayed like that before they're soonly interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Am I interrupting something?"

They turn to see Ward. He's standing in the doorway looking around the room. He lets out a sigh.

"Can't believe this is happening,"

She looked at him with softened eyes, "I'm coming back y'know, it's not like I'm gone forever."

"I know, it's just...y'all are growing up so fast." he said, ¨Rafe could've been here too.¨

Her gaze shifted downward, ¨He did this to himself, dad¨