Chains

(💔Trigger warning💔)

His heart stops as the air leaves his body. He starts to hear ringing in his ears.

He's dead.

He probably should feel happy,or at least relieved, but he doesn't. He doesn't know how to feel. He doesn't know if what he feels should be okay. He's conflicted. Luke was his dad. He wasn't a good one, but he still was his dad. Sometimes he tried his best, but more of those times he didn't try at all. Is mind is trying to wrap his head around what he heard. JJ knew it's gonna happen sooner or later, but he thought their reconciliation would've changed that.

Unfortunately, it did not.

"JJ?" John B said worryingly, putting his hand on his shoulder.

He pulls his head out of his thoughts, "Anything else?" He asked, pursing his lips as he blinks away his tears.

She hesitates before answering, "Um, yeah." She quietly.

Peterkin then goes in her back pocket,and takes out a small folded piece of paper. It's white with a couple stains on it. She hands it to him. JJ stares at it before taking it, and putting it in his pocket. Pope watches him do so.

"I found it on the table. Looked like he just wrote it." She explained.

He doesn't say anything.

"What did it say?" Pope asked.

"I didn't read it. Figured it'd be personal." She responded.

JJ kind of stopped listening after that. He's not surprised, but yet it still hurts.

"I'm so sorry ,son." She said sympathetically.

Peterkin never liked Luke, however she never wanted him to die. She knows JJ still holds onto him even when he shouldn't.

She puts her hand on his arm, rubbing it softly before going back in the house. He looks up seeing some cops come out with evidence bags filled with his illegal miscellaneous.

Pope, and John B look over to him. He storms off going back to van, and sliding the door closed with a little bit of force than required. They glance at each other, before following after him.

Today was suppose to be a good day. A chill day. Quickly how that changed. They feel bad, but also worried. Even if it may not seem like it JJ is the emotional one in the group. On the outside he's this tough outer shell that's hard to get into, but once you're in it he's this fragile flower that's stuck in this storm filled with rain, and lighting. He may not know what to feel if he feels anything at all, but he will.

It's only a matter of time before he finally explodes.

They get inside the van. It's silent. Some deputies are starting to leave. JJ's looking out the window as his eyes look slightly dull as he  plays with his vape.

John B turns back, "It's okay to be-" He starts softly.

"Just drive." He interrupted quietly, finally putting the vape in his mouth.