Art

His hands wrapped around his neck like a weighted necklace choking him to almost unconsciousness. He's gripping his wrists attempting to pull him off. His soulful cries filled the room as has he stares into his hateful eyes.

"D-Dad, p-please." JJ croaked.

"I-I'm sorry." Luke whispered.

The air becomes a little heavier. His hands lowered while his shoulders fell like tear droplets. The world becomes no more only seeing nothing but darkness.

All that was done has finally been finished.
~
Beep. Beep. Beep.

His eyes shot open with a small jerk feeling a cold sweat. JJ reached over, immediately tuning off the alarm. A distressed sigh escapes his lips as he stared at the ceiling.

A month later and he still can't get his dreams in order. They've been insidious after his passing. But the more they occurred the more real they suddenly felt. He's afraid that he's going to come back. He's afraid that he's going to hit him again. Nothing more than what he already thought before. It's something he tries not to bring himself to. Because he's dead. He's gone and never coming back.

The silent killing of his sanity is though. He's struggling to keep this image of  Luke being a menace to his childhood when he's shown little affection. The repentance of his constant abusing is something that keeps hope. Hope that out of all of this, he was human even when he did in human actions. His former dream projected that.

"Morning sleepy head." Kiara greeted softly, walking into the room.

"Hey." He responded quietly.

She grabs her earrings while she's by her dresser, "You alright over there?" She asked, putting them on.

He sits up slowly swinging his legs over the bed. He raked his hand through his hair while his eyes drifted to the floor.

"Uh, yeah, yeah I'm fine"

The feeling of despair starts to creep on him. He didn't realize that it was today but he definitely felt it.

Kie finishes off with her necklace before seeing the blonde lost in his own thoughts. Her expression fell into sympathy almost as she ambled over to him. Taking the spot  on his left she scooted closer, laying her head on his bare shoulder. Gently, she looped her arm with his where his cast once was. Then finally intertwined their fingers, twisting his ring around his thumb.

"My mom just left but she made breakfast if you're hungry." She whispered feebly.

"No thanks."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

He shook his head,

"Well, whenever you want to, I'll be right here, okay?" She assured, raising his hand planting a light kiss.

JJ watched her as he leaned his head down onto hers.

"Your hair smells really good." He mumbled.

Kie couldn't help but let a small grin break out.