35

Atlanta, Georgia
3 months later
Omniscient

"What about your friends? Will they stand their grounds? Will they let you down?" Monse danced in the mirror while she was curling her hair. She was done with Javon, they hadn't talk to each other in two months. She didn't want to be with him anymore.

She stayed at Tee's house while he stayed in the house that he bought and she furnished. He was there all alone just him and his thoughts. The only time they conversed was at the doctors office and they barely talked them.

London was done chasing Monse, he realized that she really didn't want to be with him. It was Saturday and the day of Nia's baby shower. She knew she would have to see London's face but she knew how to ignore him. She slicked her edges and put some lipgloss on. "You bout ready?" Tee asked peeking in the door. "Yeah." she said. She picked up the gift and her purse. A Prada one, she hasn't worn the Birkin yet.

Monse slid her feet in some slides and grabbed her phone and the two left. "Girl when are you gonna get back with Von?" she said. "When I feel like he learned his lesson." she shrugged. She didn't want to get back with him but she didn't see herself with nobody other than him.

Arriving at the building Monse got out of the car seeing a lot of cars parked. "Goodness." she mumbled pulling her dress up. She had on a white sundress that
stopped mid thigh. Taking the gift bag out the backseat, her and Tee walked to the front door. A smile plastered across her face as she hugged Nia and handed her the gift. "7 whole months." she rubbed Nia's stomach.

Monse didn't understand how she made it these three, her emotions were all over the place, she was always tired and hungry.

"Girl I'm so ready for her to get out of here ugh." she laughed giving Tee a hug and accepting the gift. In the corner of her eyes Monse spotted London eating food off a plate like he never ate before. He didn't see her until he turned around. She looked at the ground before he could look at her.

"Where's the father?" she asked not paying him any attention. "Girl he over there." she pointed to the thrones that they were supposed to sit in. Monse began walking over to Nard when London purposely bumped her. He didn't say excuse me he just kept walking. She rolled her eyes at him and went to give Nard a hug. "How you been?" he asked. Being that they have barely heard from Monse in 3 months.

"I'm good, working on myself. I graduate in 2 months, then I'm moving."

"Moving where?" he asked. Monse had been saving money up to move out of the state when she graduated. "Houston." she shrugged scratching her arm. "Do what's best for you then." he nodded. She laughed walking to the table Kianna was sitting at eating. London was sitting in front of her.

"Don't talk to me now because the only time you be trynna talk to me is at school." she dodged the hug making Monse laugh. "Ouu it's meatballs." she gasped taking one off her plate. "Get ya baby mama I'm bout to tear her ass up." Kianna warned jokingly.

"Monse come talk to me." he stood up. "No."

"Bring you ass out here, I ain't fucking ask." he barked making her jump. Kianna eyes got wide as she looked away with her "you heard him" face. Monse sighed following Javon out back where no one was. He held her hand holding the door open for her.

Monse looked up at him with glossy eyes biting her lip. "I miss you." she mumbled. "I missed you too. Why you acting like that towards me?"

"Because you cheated on me Javon."

"Monse that was three months ago." he said. Monse examined his face seeing her middle name above his eyebrow. She didn't think he was serious about the tattoo but he actually went and got it. A few weeks ago at that. "Maybe I'm not over it." she crossed her arms.