Mission Failed?

"Stiles?"

Suddenly Mitch was pinned under the WS, while the Captain was just standing there confused. "What the hell is a Stiles?" Mitch ripped himself out of the WS' grip and flipped him over. People in black uniforms surrounded them in the room, but Mitch made quick work of them and knocked them all out. 

The Captain pounced out of nowhere on to Mitchm while Bucky was getting up. "Stiles remember, it's me, Soldat"

"You are my mission?" Mitch blinked in confusion as the name sounded familiar.

"Stiles, come on stiles it's me" Bucky slowly approached Mitch, as if nervous about what he may do. "It's James" That snapped something back in Mitch, "You are my mission, and I cannot fail!", he screamed. They began fighting, so fast and in sync that Steve couldn't get a single hit in. When he managed to find an opening he hit Mitch managing to disorient him for a minute. Then two knock-out darts hit Bucky, and Mitch at the same time, knocking them out instantly.

Natasha climbed through the window shaking the gun she shot them with.

"Backup?"

Time Skip

Mitch wakes restrained in a glass container. He looks around and sees Bucky in an identical one next to him. He struggles, trying to get out of the restraints, ultimately failing. He thinks about his magic but decides to stay and see what would happen. Bucky eventually woke up, and started freaking out, but calmed slightly when he saw Mitch. But when he looked into Mitch's eyes, he saw no recognition, and his heart slightly broke.  

Bucky kept trying to get through to him. 

"Stiles"

"C'mon Stiles, it's me"

"Thomas"

Mitch turned towards him at that. "What did you just say?"

Hope flashed through Bucky's eyes. "I said Th-"

"Okay none of that", said a man in his 30s 

The lights went red, and the man introduced himself as he started reciting words. 

 "Longing," "rusted," "furnace," "daybreak," "Seventeen," "benign," "nine," "homecoming," "one," "freight car"  Bucky bows his head, and responds, "Ready to comply"

Zemo walked over to Mitch, whose eyes were conflicted.

 "Pack," "heartbreak," "betrayal," "abandoned," "Jeep," "WCKED," "Newt," "Scott," "Minho," and "nogistune" his head bows as well," Ready to comply"

Meanwhile, Natasha heard and understood the words. They knew Bucky was mind-controlled, but this other guy? They had no idea who he was, but he was obviously having an internal battle with himself. They both fought to get out, and you could see in their eyes, that they were scared, not of the man, no, but of themselves.

Mitch looked his commander in the eye, all past feelings forgotten, replaced with an overwhelming sense of submission. "Why don't we talk about your home, not Romania, not Brooklyn, and certainly not Beacon Hills."

After talking about the base they were stationed in, they were commanded to distract the others in the building, then escape. The strange man left shortly after that. They got outside the room and started fighting against a blond man, that looked somewhat familiar to both of them. As they fought like a well-oiled machine together, they also worked on moving the fight to an exit. 

They got to lower, more populated levels and everyone was running. The WS and Mitch ran and came upon a red-haired woman, a man with square glasses, and a goatee. They started fighting, Mitch taking the red-haired woman, and the WS taking the man with glasses. The man with glasses suddenly covered his hand with a red glove and shot a laser at the WS. Mitch moved the fight over to the man, and took him down while maintaining the fight with the woman, as Mitch knocked her out, a black man came down from a higher level and started fighting the WS, who has now gotten up, and regained composure. 

Mitch started helping the WS fight the man, and looked for an exit, they both managed to fight off the man, who was fast, and a skilled fighter. Mitch and the WS both headed to the roof, where they found a helicopter. The WS started it up, and Mitch made sure no one was following them. They were about to take off, but Captain America appeared out of nowhere, grabbing on the edge of the helicopter and pulled it to the edge of the landing pad. It crashed and fell off the side, into the water. They got out with the WS and Mitch knocked out. Steve called Sam, and they brought them into an abandoned warehouse. They were restraining them to a table in case they tried anything when they woke up when Sam started talking, "So, who's the new guy?"

"Honestly? I don't know, he was in the apartment when I went to get Bucky, and they were fighting. Bucky recognized him, but he did not. When we got them restrained he must have said something that made him remember, because he started freaking out. The therapist guy said the words, and it was like they were gone, they were there, but their eyes were lifeless. They were in so much pain when he said those fucking words, and I couldn't do anything to help him." Steve ranted

"Hey, I'm sorry man. I didn't mean to make you upset", Sam said "It is fine, I am just really stressed right now" Steve replied

Bucky started groaning, "Where am I?", "What Bucky am I talking to?", "Your mom's name was Sara.", Bucky replied

Steve immediately got down to business, "Why did that man break into a highly secure building just to get five minutes alone with you two?"

Bucky's eyes wandered to where Steve nodded and there laid a sleeping Stiles, or whatever they called him now. His eyes quickly softened, which did not go unnoticed.  

"I don't know", said Bucky

"This man destroyed a whole power grid, and bombed the UN to see you guys, so you're going to have to do better than 'I don't know' Buck."

"He wanted to know about where I- we, were stationed.", "Why would he want to know that?"

"Because I was not the only Winter Soldier"