Part 11: Secrets

Vox had been searching through files, connected to his hardware, in his memories. Sometimes they could be faulty and go missing. The mental pictures of certain things could be lost or forgotten, due to his distrustful human side. He almost wished he were all machine, there wouldn't be any emotions to drive him in any way. He gasped as the cords connected to him shocked him, his feelings getting in the way of their job. Yes he hated emotions.

He heard a ding signaling a connection to a memory. He widened his digital eyes and ejected the cords, searching for the file that came up. Everything was neat and organized on his separate computer filed by date. He indulged the fact that he could customize his own files, among his thoughts organized by his mind. He looked at the file, the one file that broke him. Clyde.

He felt his emotions stir up again and immediately wanted to crush the computer. He felt pain strike his chest before steadying himself. He needed to know what this memory had to do with the card. He began searching through the file, finding another file highlighted in mental pictures. After following the highlighted file through millions of folders to a picture. It wasn't of Clyde, he had deleted almost all of the pictures he could, except one. It was a picture of his father's hand, putting away the same clear card with the man's initials on it. GM, standing for Gordan McKinney. The card looked just like the one Angel Dust had. How in hell did he have a card like that? Unless...

His heart felt like it dropped from his chest. It couldn't be. No, it couldn't possibly be that-

He had to have been destroyed in the extermination...it's not possible.

He wasn't alive was he? He had to know.

..................

Alastor had been searching through files on Angel Dust, completely enthralled in the new information he had obtained just days prior. A weakness, it seemed. This Cree wasn't who Angel knew him to be, that was for certain. He now had to find a way to use this information to his advantage. 

He tapped his claws on his desk. He would wait for the right time.

....................

Angel had woke up the next morning, laying on top of Cree this time. He sighed and nuzzled fondly into his neck, enjoying the soft skin beneath him. He almost forgot that he had a three hour film to do today and he was going to be late. His eyes shot open again before scrabbling out of bed, rushing into the bathroom. He heard a groan come from Cree and he knew he must've woke him up.

"Ange, you okay?" Cree asked sleepily after knocking softly. 

"Yeah, forgot I had some shit to do for Val today, I gotta go now!"

"Oh, I'll call for Jerry to drive you, okay," He heard him walk away.

Angel immediately got dressed and put on makeup as fast as spiderly possible, all of his hands used to make it work. He fluffed his hair and headed out the door. He saw Cree sitting on the bed.

"I'll text ya, kay babe?" He decided to give the adorable boy a kiss on the cheek before walking out.

"Okay, see ya later gator," Cree waved.

 Jerry was at the elevator. He had to go now. Jerry seemed to know how to hustle, because he was at the studio within five minutes.

"Thanks, Jerrs," He grabbed his things and ran inside.

He almost ran into Vox, who sneered at him.

"Scuse' me jerk, got a meetin' to get to," He went to run around him but Vox stopped him in his tracks.