Chapter 13: Life found a way

With the group, they're walking through the jungle. They can all hear the Rex roaring all around the place, meaning that she might be nearby. They all look around.

Lex: Are you hearing this?

Sora: Yeah. 

Tyler: Oh, man. There's no way we can reach the Center in the dark, not with that thing wandering around the island, looking for something to eat. 

Blake: Tyler's right. And if all of the fences are turn off, it can go in any of the paddocks. 

Alan looks around as he hears the Rex roaring again in the distance. Then, he spots a big tree, and gets an idea. He walks over to the kids. 

Alan: Come on, Tim. Come on, hurry up. Let's, uh, get up this tree. 

Tim: Oh, no. (Whimpering, whining) I don't want to.

Alan: Come on, Tim, it's ok. Try up here. Ok. 

Everyone walks over to the front of the tree, and climb up. 

Tim: Oh, man. I hate trees. 

Lex: They don't bother me. 

Tim: Oh, yeah, well, you weren't in the last one. 

Tyler: Let's not talk about it, alright? Besides, we need to get somewhere high, so the Rex can't find us. And I'm not gonna sleep on the ground. 

Namine: Neither am I. 

Ruby: Yang, do you think Weiss is still alive? 

Yang: I don't know, Ruby. I didn't see her get eaten, but I didn't see what happened to her. 

Nora: I'm sure she's fine. Along with Goofy and Kai. Don't know about Dr. Malcolm though. 

Roxas: I hope Donald, Jaune, and Sae are okay. And hopefully, that thing didn't get them. 

Sora: (Sighs) Me too.

They all keep climbing, and then, they make it to the top. As they do, they all hear moaning, and they look ahead. They see two brachiosaurs, eating. 

Tim: Hey, those are brontosauruses. I mean, uh, brachiosaurs. 

Yang: Looks like we're in the brachiosaur paddock, I think.

Ruby: What are they doing? Why are they moaning?

Alan: They're singing. 

They continue moaning in the air as they eat the leaves. Alan and Tyler get an idea. They both climb on a big branch, and then, they both put their hands in front of their mouths, and imitate brachio noises too, like they do. As they do, they all moan back. And two more lift their heads up, looking at them. 

Lex: Shh, shh! Don't let the monsters come over here!

Tyler: Don't call them that. They're not monsters, Lex. 

Alan: They're just animals. These are herbivores. 

Tim: That means they only eat vegetables, but for you I think they'd make an exception. 

Sora: Tim. 

Lex: Oh, I hate the other kind. 

Alan: The other kind just...do what they do. 

Ren: He's right. The T-Rex isn't a monster, she's a wild animal. And wild animals live by set of rules to ensure their survival. One of the rules, is that they'll kill and eat anything smaller than they are. 

Nora: Ren's right. Wild animals will do anything to protect and also survive. 

Sora: Let's not keep talking about this. Come on, let's get some sleep.